• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing Comic Twice Worth It?

7 posts in this topic

Essentially what the title says? Do ya'll think pressing the same book twice will do anything to improve grade or not?  I have an older CGC book I had for awhile. Not sure if it was ever pressed before when I bought it ages ago, but assuming it was, do you think If I were to have it pressed again, would it make a difference on improving the grade? Thanks for any input.

You really need to show us pics of the book, which you said is already slabbed. Depending on the existing grade of the book it may not be worth the effort from a financial standpoint. The book may have existing flaws that a 2nd press may not help. Sorry, but this is a tough question to answer for you. I would suggest sending it in to CCS for an evaluation, keep it in the slab. IF CCS says no, they will simply send you back the slab with a small charge of a fee. 

On 6/22/2019 at 11:54 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

You really need to show us pics of the book, which you said is already slabbed. Depending on the existing grade of the book it may not be worth the effort from a financial standpoint. The book may have existing flaws that a 2nd press may not help. Sorry, but this is a tough question to answer for you. I would suggest sending it in to CCS for an evaluation, keep it in the slab. IF CCS says no, they will simply send you back the slab with a small charge of a fee. 

exactly this, I think a lot of people are under the impression that pressing fixes a comic and gives you higher grades, BUT that is not the case unless the comic has defects that can be pressed out should you think that pressing will give you the higher grade. 

@Wah when you look at this book is there a bend or creasing that does not break colour that you see in the slab that you think will help the comic get a better grade? we would also need pics to see if there is anything. chances are if you think its been pressed chances are that most of the bad defects have been pressed out unless it was done by an amateur. 

On 6/22/2019 at 10:33 AM, Wah said:

Essentially what the title says? Do ya'll think pressing the same book twice will do anything to improve grade or not?  I have an older CGC book I had for awhile. Not sure if it was ever pressed before when I bought it ages ago, but assuming it was, do you think If I were to have it pressed again, would it make a difference on improving the grade? Thanks for any input.

I think you should press it as many times as it takes to compress into a single sheet of paper.