• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how to approach a dealer about books I think might be overpriced.
6 6

248 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

If they are key ECs, pay whatever he asks and thank him for the privilege! And do it NOW!!

He does have a few ECs  I don’t think those would be a problem they’re priced fairly accurate.

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yeah, just get a fan of 50 $1,000 bills, and wave them seductively at your face, while feigning indifference. Make sure you drape your leg casually over the end of the dealer's table.

And wear a short skirt.

:whistle:

You’ve been studying my moves 

Edited by jsilverjanet

Be respectful of a dealer's time and hard work and just ask politely. Be serious with your offer. Don't waste people's time with kicking the tires. (shrug)

I understand where you're coming from, tho. As someone with social anxiety interactions can be tough. Don't take a lot of xanax before a con and drool and pass out at a dealer's table while negotiating. You want to be taken seriously. 

Graded books only, but I discovered this the other day via Facebook ad. Search function is great! It gives a good overview of what books in all grades have and are currently selling for on Ebay and a few other auction venues. I like it and it's FREE.

Click here for Dreckcheck...

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo

You met a person who was willing to admit he didn't know something!  Very refreshing when you run across one of these rare individuals!

Too often it's the pedantic know it all that is just exhausting to deal with.  The guy everyone keeps moving away from at a party.

Edited by kav

13 minutes ago, kav said:

You met a person who was willing to admit he didn't know something!  Very refreshing when you run across one of these rare individuals!

Too often it's the pedantic know it all that is just exhausting to deal with.  The guy everyone keeps moving away from at a party.

Sounds like somebody on the boards.  I can think of a few.

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I love going to Your table Bob. I'm not much of a negotiator , but your prices are usually spot on.

Exterminators dont negotiate 

Edited by kav

19 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yeah, just get a fan of 50 $1,000 bills, and wave them seductively at your face, while feigning indifference. Make sure you drape your leg casually over the end of the dealer's table.

And wear a short skirt.

:whistle:

Whatever you're into, I suppose. Not my thing, but we don't judge.

5 hours ago, blazingbob said:
5 hours ago, kav said:

Sounds like somebody on the boards.  I can think of a few.

Me too. And often, it's the one decrying others who's the most guilty...there's more projecting going on than in a 24 theater megaplex with some.