• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wachowskis' THE MATRIX 4 starring Keanu Reeves (5/21/21)
4 4

462 posts in this topic

Last month, Chad Stahelski said to Yahoo Movies that the Wachowskis will be returning in some format in the new ‘Matrix’ film. He reportedly told the outlet: “I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved. And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.”

However, Slashfilm has since reported that the comment is inaccurate and was taken out of context, but nevertheless we have heard a new ‘Matrix’ film is happening soon at Warner Bros with the Wachowskis set to return to direct.

As previously reported by THR, Zak Penn will write the screenplay and Michael B Jordan will star. We have learned that the Wachowskis will return to direct the film and will begin production in early 2020 in Chicago, they have been secretly prepping the film under the working title “Project Ice Cream”. Plot details are currently under wraps for the film however the project is already beginning to fill out it’s crew with Hugh Bateup, who was an art director on 1999’s ‘The Matrix’ set to return to the franchise as the production designer for this film.

Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Society Productions and Warner Bros will produce the film, it is currently unknown whether the film will still be a reboot or will be a sequel to the previous trilogy.

Edited by Bosco685

Because, once again, all creativity and fun in movies stopped around 2006-2008. If you want a movie to be good/profitable now you have to tie it to something made before the cut off.

Makes sense to me. 

Matrix:Rebranded

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Because, once again, all creativity and fun in movies stopped around 2006-2008. If you want a movie to be good/profitable now you have to tie it to something made before the cut off.

Makes sense to me. 

Matrix:Rebranded

Matrix: Retread

To be fair to the original Matrix trilogy, it did end with The Oracle and The Architect discussing their truce with the statement that it would last "as long as it can".

I guess time's up.