• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would this be restoration?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Received this comic a while back. 

It looks like half the first page was torn out and reattached using 3 staples and some glue.

The comic is pretty low grade overall, just curious as I may want a slabbed copy in the future.

Thanks!

20190623_104924.jpg

20190623_104933.jpg

wouldn't the glue count as resto though? 

if not wouldn't it then get a grey label for conserved (restoration to keep book intact?)

Edited by Krishosein

25 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

wouldn't the glue count as resto though? 

if not wouldn't it then get a grey label for conserved (restoration to keep book intact?)

Sorry, I overlooked the glue factor... doh!

I have seen books with dried glue still receive a blue label, but those seem to be primarily Golden Age books, or books where only a very small amount of glue was used. With that large of a tear, it's more likely that CGC would hit it for restoration. 

From what I've seen, the conserved grade is used for books that have been professionally restored. There are strict guidelines to meet the conserved status, and I suspect there's no way the above example would meet that criteria...

19 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Sorry, I overlooked the glue factor... doh!

I have seen books with dried glue still receive a blue label, but those seem to be primarily Golden Age books, or books where only a very small amount of glue was used. With that large of a tear, it's more likely that CGC would hit it for restoration. 

From what I've seen, the conserved grade is used for books that have been professionally restored. There are strict guidelines to meet the conserved status, and I suspect there's no way the above example would meet that criteria...

happens to us all. 

As for the Conserved Grade I know usually there is strict guidelines but I didn't know it had to be professionally restored. Thanks for the info.