• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Bonnetts "Pedigree" Comics!
1 1

51 posts in this topic

Saw a raw Bonnett's in a dealers miscellaneous GA box this weekend at a local con. Some off brand western book.

I laughed and showed it to the dealer and asked if he knew what the stamp signified. He didn't know so I gave him the backstory from this thread (thanks!).

His partner looked at him and said "We should raise the price as its a Pedigree book". He thought about it for a minute then laughed and put it back in the box.

1 hour ago, vheflin said:

Why did they stamp?  Prevent theft?  Advertising?hm

Seems a bit tedious to stamp thousands of comics.:busy:

Advertising. There were lots of used book stores back in the day. I have seen a lot of “Myles used book store Davenport Iowa” comics out in the world. Check out David T Alexander out on eBay. At one time he traveled to Bonnetts and bought out most of their GA stock. 

35 minutes ago, path4play said:

Just in, thanks to @catrick339

“Get the wolfish gleam out of your eyes, Junior.”  - Deena

Comix264-1-scaled.jpg

You should be  forewarned,  Lunatic  Lite was  VERY   appreciative  of  everyone  pitching  in  on  that thread  for his  benefit.   The proceeds
got him  out  of  a fairly  bad  situation due to the Covid-19 virus,  and he's  decided  to   send   up  another batch.  HOTCHA,   this time   I'll 
get  a commission!   Look for  something  some  time  in  a  week  or  so. 

Just got this in. I know, nobody like funny animals, but this is a great title. This is an upgrade to one of my favorites. Not many holiday covers for political figures. This one has a funny George Washington cover & story. Also a very “politically incorrect” Abraham Lincoln story that I probably shouldn’t post. An actual fun cover to cover read.

This also has one of the best Bonnetts stamps I’ve seen. Dark, complete and perfect placement. 

EB9B78CC-33FF-4238-B343-D0315A6147A8.jpeg