• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AUCTION! MyComicShop - High grade Bronze and late Silver

3 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone.  So, I had a GREAT time at HeroesCon this year.  But I probably spent more than I should have, so I'm gonna auction off a few beauties over at MyComicShop this coming week.  Most are high grade, all but one are graded.  And a few might even be silver age ... ranging from January 1964 to June 1975.

If you've never been there for their auctions, they start every Monday and run for one week.  You can also easily tag comics that you want to "watch," to find out how much it ends up going for, etc.  It's actually a great place to get some good deals usually.  I expect most of these below to go for 60% - 80% of guide, with one or two well below that range.

Here are the comics:

Avengers 24, 9.0, OW/W pages.  A real beauty with a Jack Kirby cover.

Avengers 69, 8.5, WHITE pages.  I really thought this was nicer, but I guess there was a slight amount of foxing on the back cover.

Avengers 78, 8.0, WHITE pages.  Ditto as above.

Brave and the Bold 105, 9.2, WHITE pages.  Batman and hippie Wonder Woman.  Well, maybe 'hippie' is the wrong word, but she's definitely got that early 70's vibe with her clothes.

Brave and the Bold 108, 9.2, WHITE pages.  With Sgt. Rock (!)  If you ever wanted to know if Rock made it through the war, the answer is a definite ... maybe.

Brave and the Bold 115, 8.5, WHITE pages.  100 Page Giant!  These are so hard to find in high grade.

Brave and the Bold 119, 8.5, WHITE pages.  Batman and Man-Bat!

Detective Comics 384, 8.5, OW/W pages.  Irv Novick cover from 1969.

Superman 265, 9.6 (!), WHITE pages.  What's really cool about this one is OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT GRADE.

Tales of Suspense 60, raw GD+.  Graded by MCS, this is the second appearance of Hawkeye.

Unexpected 135, 8.0, WHITE pages.  I was shocked that it graded this low. I think sometimes they get offended if there are pressable defects and you don't get it pressed first.  Grader's notes: "crease left bottom of front cover; multiple crease left top of whole book; multiple crease right center of back cover." Anyway, lesson learned.  (I sent this in two years ago.  BEAUTIFUL cover.)

Wonder Woman 209, 9.4, WHITE pages.  Retelling of the first Wonder Girl story from Wonder Woman #23.

That's all for now!  Here are the pics:

4979755.jpg.da4397e2739a07a0bcb5533904c33807.jpg

4711528.jpg

4711512.jpg

4711516.jpg

4711518.jpg

3644615.jpg

4711530.jpg

4711535.jpg

4711550.jpg

4716844.jpg

5086128.jpg

5086134.jpg

Edited by Tedsaid

Well, things are underway and bidding has started.  A couple of these will probably go for MUCH lower than bluebook value, so be sure to try your luck!

I've also just put three big books in the July 1 Prime Auction.  The Prime Auction, which is all special or higher-value comics, will start Monday, July 1st.  And the three books up for auction are:

Uncanny X-Men (2018 5th Series) #4B CGC 9.8.  This is the 1:100 Brooks variant, just beautiful art with Psylocke (Hidden Gem) on the cover.

Amazing Spider-Man (1963 1st Series) #121 CGC 9.2.  Death of Gwen Stacy! This is a beautiful copy: 9.2 with WHITE pages, and the only reason it graded that low was due to a tiny printer pull on the back cover. (Which I didn't think they took off for, really, but there you are.) Sharp corners, bone white pages, and - believe it or not - never read. (Though I imagine the graders looked at all the pages.)

New Mutants (1983 1st Series) #98 CGC 9.8.  Holy Moly, this is a pretty book: 9.8 and perfect page quality. It's a bit of a risk, putting it in the auction, but let's see what happens, shall we?

Here are the pics:

July-1-Prime-4979271.jpg

July-1-Prime-4979751.jpg

July-1-Prime-5084981.jpg

Well, the MyComicShop auction has just a few more days.  Don't miss out!  These graded comics are currently MUCH lower than they should be.  Some will be bid up, but a few will slip through the cracks ... they always do.

Good luck!