• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8 New Marvel Movies Announced...

20 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

but how much of that 1 billion was spent by the studio buying tickets hm

I remember when Dianetics was consistently on the NY Times best seller list cause they would buy up all the books then endlessly re release them into book stores.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I remember when Dianetics was consistently on the NY Times best seller list cause they would buy up all the books then endlessly re release them into book stores.

There were some pretty credible reports about almost sold out theaters when purchasing your tickets on line only to find empty theaters when people showed up.  The "no-show" rate was extremely high for this movie.  Maybe it was just a case of everyone coming down with explosive diarrhea but deciding not to get a refund cuz that wouldn't be cool.

2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

There were some pretty credible reports about almost sold out theaters when purchasing your tickets on line only to find empty theaters when people showed up.  The "no-show" rate was extremely high for this movie.  Maybe it was just a case of everyone coming down with explosive diarrhea but deciding not to get a refund cuz that wouldn't be cool.

I guess they have nothing to lose-buy tickets-you get the money right back-BOOM BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE.

43 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I feel like I experience that for every movie. I just saw Aladdin last weekend and at the booth there weren’t really any good seats left to reserve. We got very back row all the way off to the right. When we came in the place was empty. We sat in our seats waiting for the place to fill in, after the previews there was maybe a dozen people in there. We waited a few more minutes and moved to better seats

6 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

I feel like I experience that for every movie. I just saw Aladdin last weekend and at the booth there weren’t really any good seats left to reserve. We got very back row all the way off to the right. When we came in the place was empty. We sat in our seats waiting for the place to fill in, after the previews there was maybe a dozen people in there. We waited a few more minutes and moved to better seats

It sounds like Disney does it often to get hype so the movies ultimately do better.

dang, i take it back- it's right in Disney's SEC filings  :idea:

THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY

CONDENSED CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF INCOME
(unaudited; in millions, except per share data)

Quarter Ended     Year Ended
      September 29,     September 30,     September 29,     September 30,
      2018     2017     2018     2017
Revenues     $ 14,307       $ 12,779       $ 59,434       $ 55,137  
Costs and expenses including tickets for MCU movies purchased to bump up box office       (11,224 )       (10,150 )       (44,597 )       (41,264 )
Restructuring and impairment charges       (5 )       (98 )       (33 )       (98 )
Other income, net       507         255         601         78  
Interest expense, net       (159 )       (85 )       (574 )       (385 )
Equity in the income (loss) of investees, net       (224 )       (7 )       (102 )       320  
Income before income taxes       3,202         2,694         14,729         13,788  
Income taxes       (783 )       (829 )       (1,663 )       (4,422 )
Net income       2,419         1,865         13,066         9,366  
Less: Net income attributable to noncontrolling interests       (97 )       (118 )       (468 )       (386 )
Net income attributable to The Walt Disney Company (Disney)     $ 2,322       $ 1,747       $ 12,598       $ 8,980  

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

tin foil hat brigade (WB fans) out in force :insane:

I know right? Who'd have thought it was that easy to have a billion dollar movie?  Buy some of your own tickets - tell everyone it sold out - and then boom, everyone shows up. I can't believe all the studios don't do this. :idea:

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Can't wait to see Untitled Marvel.  :banana:

disney-release-schedule-marvel-movies-hi

Anyone have a copy of Untitled #1???

:flipbait:

8 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

What's that suppose to mean.  Me and my cat take offense at that comment

tinfoilhat.jpg

cat not happy-

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

No, he always looks that way, I think it is constipation.

good way to save on kitty litter

15 hours ago, kav said:

Anyone have a copy of Untitled #1???

:flipbait:

damn you beat me to the comment I was just about to say I guess we should buy those untitled comics now