• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hake's Next Event Auction has started posting books
2 2

37 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i find their site unusably bad. is it just me? every time i click on an item, when i want to go back to the previous page it takes me all the way to the top of the page. if i was near the bottom i have to spend minutes scrolling again just to get back to where i was. looks like a website that was designed about 15 years ago. shame because they do have some nice stuff here and there. 

Right click and open the link in a new tab then you don't lose your place on the page you are scrolling, 

On 7/6/2019 at 5:35 PM, batman_fan said:

My typical strategy with Hakes is to put in my top bid and let it ride.  I have actually won several things using that strategy but never a comic or original art.  Main thing I have won have been model kits.  I actually think I have gotten some decent deals on stuff.  This round I am chasing some other things so I will have to see how they progress to see if I stick with my previous strategy.

I think you should stick with that strategy this time :baiting:

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

10 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I got to join the party too.

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 7.20.52 PM.png

Already congratulated you in the OA forum, but will do it again!

The quality of the Peanuts strips in this auction was really outstanding.

:news:

some nice comics in this go round of Hakes IMHO. Closing March 11th -12th 

None of the books up for auction are mine.  Just spreading the word to my fellow Boardies as this one tends to not be discussed as much here, but they have been stepping their comic game up lately. 

I have been bidding in Ted's auctions from the beginning, and actually have a complete set of his auction catalogs.  As Robot Man said, Ted's auctions always had the best collection of ephemera, and I have won all sorts of things over the years.  I have consigned things as well, and was always happy with the results as all memorabilia collectors check his auctions.   After Steve bought the auction, the catalogs looked nicer and had even better lots, including better comic books.  For my interests, it is the best auction in the hobby!

Yeah, Hakes auctions were always a treat when they arrived in my mailbox. Ted always had the knack to turn up the rarest of the rare. Just when you think you have seen everything, he offers up something you never knew existed. They were instrumental in filling in a whole lot of holes in my pinback collection. I can’t think of anyone who knows more about “Americana” than Ted. A heck of a nice guy too!