• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about REPRINTING an action comics cover?

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, hopefully a quick question for you guys.

If I purchase a coverless action comics and then reprint the cover (like at staples or something on a nice thick paper) would CGC still give it a NG cause the cover is missing? Would it be a different color label? Would it say on the label "cover reprinted"?

Same question, but with pages.... if a page is missing and I reprint it, what will it be graded at?

I’m not saying you won’t get the answer here, but have you emailed Cgc? I think an official answer would be worth more.

15 minutes ago, Bob Troub said:

Please explain to me why you would spend the $$ to have basically a coverless comic graded?!

Many folks want to preserve a book like that in an original state coverless or not.  I’d personally want to see the actual real page(s) if slabbed as opposed to a cover that has been reproduced.  If I had that book I’d read it over and over again, and get it graded down the road when selling or leaving to heirs.  You get it graded for valuation purposes and for restoration checks.