• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Need to release these in the US Please!

10 posts in this topic

This is a collection that I believe is reeleased in many countries outside the US. I am from South America so I notice in my home country they started released them this year. They are HC for classic Marvel Tales they cost $10 each (starting issue 4), however the first issue was $3 and the next two $6 each.
When you put them side by side the spine makes a nice Gabrille dell otto picture.
There is a Wiki for the UK version:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection

They should release this in the US.

I know there is something similar for DC. And in france they have for deadpool comics:

https://www.hachette-collections.com/fr-fr/collection-deadpool/

marvel hc.jpg

Edited by Ladic

12 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Something like this, with a subscription available, would be a huge hit you’d think 

These come out weekly in my country and have been a huge hit.

isn't this just a chopped version of marvel masterworks or TPB, HC books? also they have comic reprints? I guess the appeal is combining all the versions to make a image on the side of the books.

19 hours ago, Krishosein said:

isn't this just a chopped version of marvel masterworks or TPB, HC books? also they have comic reprints? I guess the appeal is combining all the versions to make a image on the side of the books.

Pretty much.

All of the Marvel Slipcase HC sets (I have all 6 now) have this same aesthetic. They're very great sets.

The market is too volatile and greedy to do this in the States. Far too often these types of planned/ongoing 'series' are stopped short, leaving a collector in madness, with only 42/50 books.

The 10-book type of sets for big $$$$$ tend to work IMO. 50 $5 books (the content must be very light)? I'd never go for it.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Not once you get to DD.

lol I dunno im sure E-Z can have some fun