• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor #165 grade with missing back corner piece?

4 posts in this topic

I have this decent copy of Thor #165 that I’m interested in having graded. There is some normal wear which doesn’t look terrible, but there is a small corner piece missing from the back cover, left side. I’ve measured it, and it’s slightly less than 1/2 inch. Any thoughts on what this might be graded as or how much that corner will take off? Just curious because I had a Fantastic Four Annual #6 with a few torn and missing pieces from the spine, and it just came back as 6.0 from CGC. I was expecting lower on it.

EAB1F317-6F15-4282-A655-311F25F0E50C.jpeg

F67D63DE-9D0C-45A0-8901-05A166160850.jpeg

IMO the book looks like a FN 6.0 without the corner piece missing,how much of a hit will it take,VG/FN 5/0?

Looking at completed eBay auctions, books in your grade have sold for $130.00 - $170.00 Raw, a CGC FN 6.0 sold for $242.00 and a CGC FN/VF 7.0 sold for $280.00.

So...Should you have it graded or just place it in a Mylite with Board?, All depends on what your plans are for the book.