• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this too much spine damage for an 8.0?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Just looking for some public opinion on this book. This book is absolutely beautiful everywhere BUT the spine. So taking only the spine damage you see, what do you think this would come back as? Thanks!

pPjd5Uz.jpg

Just as an exercise, I'd guess 5.5 to 6.0 range based on the spine structure alone... a number of heavier dents and ticks there. With the color fade added in, not really sure but I'll throw out a guess of 5.0, assuming the back cover is clean with no creasing.

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback- I didn't notice just how bad the fading was until I compared it to another book so I can see that now and that would explain the price I got it for. If I could pull a 6.0 out of it I'd still call it a good buy. I'm glad I asked so my expectations would be realistic for when I send it out.

I just randomly ran across this amazingly similar copy graded a CGC 5.5... take a look:

https://www.dacardworld.com/comic-books/werewolf-by-night-32-cgc-5-5-ow-w-2017826002

The spine and corner wear is a little worse on this copy, the fade is maybe a bit worse on yours?... anyway, it's an interesting data point.