• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forbes article
2 2

268 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Wow. WOW.

I'd love to chat with your dad one day. I've never worked on a Miura or even seen one up close for that matter, but that is a special car.

Most people don't realize that it was the car that was the predecessor to the Countach / Diablo line. And it is a gorgeous machine.

I worked my last 11 years with Mercedes Benz and we used to do this national competition Canada wide for mechanics. I'd routinely place top 10 but one year I got Bronze or Silver (I can't remember) and even argued that I should have gotten Gold because the test question / answer was incorrect but they didn't allow appeals.

The apprentice that I trained got Gold routinely and he ended up going to Germany (8 times, I think) to represent Canada and compete internationally against other countries. He went so often that he got tired of it and stopped competing. lol

The main reason I became a comic book dealer was so that I could spend more time with my children as they were growing up and be there for them when they needed me because in the last few years of me working in the trade I was commuting a lot and pulling long hours and I wanted to make sure I was there for them before they became adults.

I haven't turned a wrench in over 10 years professionally but it was a living and a way of life for over 2 decades. My how times change. Glad your dad is still doing what he loves.

He became specialized in Miuras because he has 2 of them and worked on his own cars. When collectors saw his work they wanted my dad to work on theirs. He also worked on Nicolas Cages Miura so he could sell it back when he was broke.

In 2000 we drove one of my dads Lamborghini’s from LA to a car show in Scottsdale AZ. That was a fun trip, but tiresome after being in that car for hours and hours! Lol!

Here is the one we drove, a 1970 Miura S. You can really get a feel for how low the car is when you see it parked next to the other cars in the pics.

The other one he has is a 1972 Miura SV. That ones a trailer queen! Lol

2032AFCE-D455-4662-BE33-6B1858D085EE.jpeg

2549CF11-CDE0-4861-B065-B2702E690968.jpeg

AA1D97B3-B5E1-41E2-A972-A08BE4241BA8.jpeg

Edited by Timely

7 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Generally regarded as the most beautiful car ever designed.

I thought that spot was generally given to the Jaguar XKE. But, I would definitely list the Miura as one of the most desirable cars ever built. 

Edited by Rick2you2

13 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Generally regarded as the most beautiful car ever designed.

and followed by this :(

image.thumb.png.f6149c0a588ca45633209fe00cce821d.png

...which I find attractive in it's own right, but not building on the Miura ;)

5 hours ago, Timely said:

Optional... as were side mirrors.  I guess Lamborghini figured nothing else was fast enough to be next to a Miura!  :)

Given the Italian reputation for quality control, they probably fell off.