• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if a book was graded slabbed 10/2016 does it have the creep engine design?
1 1

48 posts in this topic

There's no possible way to know that.... it could have been reholdered and kept the same grade date etc

Pics would help, as it should be fairly apparent....

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

There's no possible way to know that.... it could have been reholdered and kept the same grade date etc

It went from a Voldy holder to CGC during 10/2016. Book not on premises.  

Edited by NoMan

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:
11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It went from a Voldy holder to CGC during 10/2016. Book not on premises

lol unless you were the submitter, it keeps the grade date even if it's been reholdered since then is my point.....

Grade Date of "10 2016" doesn't tell us when it was slabbed, but more to the point if your just wanting an unknowledgable answer, I believe the creep engine stopped somewhere mid July or August 2016.....

58 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol unless you were the submitter, it keeps the grade date even if it's been reholdered since then is my point.....

Grade Date of "10 2016" doesn't tell us when it was slabbed, but more to the point if your just wanting an unknowledgable answer, I believe the creep engine stopped somewhere mid July or August 2016.....

my head hurts.

Just now, NoMan said:

Dounce cap and off to the corner to sit I go. 

lol it's not too big a deal, but if you had pics we'd probably be able to tell by the case design :wishluck: but other than that it's speculative....

They started taking action against the creep engine case mid July and into August, so one would assume it is ok.....

But "if" it wasn't and someone left it in there for 3 years, I'd find that difficult to believe....

All the more reason to think that it is fine lol :makepoint: hahaha, but still pics would help :shy: 

@NoMan If your able to see if it has an "inner well" you'd be able to tell for yourself, I'm not good at photoshop or drawing arrows on pics to show you where the inner well sits and what it looks like....

but lol maybe someone will come along to give you the info and you can check if you get a look at the slab :foryou: 

3 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I’m sure there are plenty of books still in the creep engines. I for one have a hard time keeping all the slab designs straight. Someone made a summary once, with pics and dates...wish I had saved it...

I definitely had some reholdered, but didn't pay for regrading so their forever earmarked for a time that the creep engines were around :( 

12 minutes ago, NoMan said:

How does the creep engine work? Does it creep if the slab is just chillen’ At my moms house? Nobody touching or moving it?

ya it kind of does it on its own, it would show rippled effects, kind of like it is squenched.... it's probably fine though....

Wish I had my pics of the squench, but alas I don't :sorry: 

36 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya it kind of does it on its own, it would show rippled effects, kind of like it is squenched.... it's probably fine though....

Wish I had my pics of the squench, but alas I don't :sorry: 

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

How does the creep engine work? Does it creep if the slab is just chillen’ At my moms house? Nobody touching or moving it?

It touches and moves itself. 

I wouldn't let one of things near my mom...., just sayin'.  :sick: 

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

It touches and moves itself. 

I wouldn't let one of things near my mom...., just sayin'.  :sick: 

This is my mom.

Edited by NoMan

4 hours ago, NoMan said:

thanks.

Probably not. CGC stopped using that defective design in June / July 2016.