• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

if a book was graded slabbed 10/2016 does it have the creep engine design?
1 1

48 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Steve Ditko was a wise man.

He was. Kinda makes you wonder why he had a giant sign on his door that said STEVE DITKO if he didn't want fans bothering him.

46 minutes ago, NoMan said:

He was. Kinda makes you wonder why he had a giant sign on his door that said STEVE DITKO if he didn't want fans bothering him.

Because he was black and white. There was no grey area with him and it would have been outside of his personality to hide.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

Because he was black and white. There was no grey area with him and it would have been outside of his personality to hide.

Nah, he's publicly stated that it was a mistake to put his name on the door of his office. 

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Nah, he's publicly stated that it was a mistake to put his name on the door of his office. 

Interesting.

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

Interesting.

If I find the article or whatever I’ll post it. Surprised me too. It is odd. I just walked into the building, looked on the directory, said hi to security, took elevator to 7th floor, giant sign on door STEVE DITKO. 

EDIT: Also, you know, I read Ditko's letters to folk on ebay. Someone wrote to him something like, "I know you are a reclusive man who doesn't like visitors..." And Ditko wrote back, in usual blast mode, something like, "Well how do you know I'm a recluse who doesn't like visitors. Are you taking someone else's word on it or you have your own personal experience?" 

It's all really odd.

Edited by NoMan

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol it's not too big a deal, but if you had pics we'd probably be able to tell by the case design :wishluck: but other than that it's speculative....

They started taking action against the creep engine case mid July and into August, so one would assume it is ok.....

But "if" it wasn't and someone left it in there for 3 years, I'd find that difficult to believe....

All the more reason to think that it is fine lol :makepoint: hahaha, but still pics would help :shy: 

I have my dunce cap on too...what is a creep engine design?

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I have my dunce cap on too...what is a creep engine design?

maybe this'll help... i haven't read the thread yet, but it's too much to put into one post

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Hollywood1892

this might be a better one :foryou: 

Thanks

I clicked on it

Read a little bit

Than when I saw the New Mutants 98 9.2 I was immediately thrust into a state of insane rage because I have yet to get mine back and it's been months.:frustrated:

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Thanks

I clicked on it

Read a little bit

Than when I saw the New Mutants 98 9.2 I was thrust into a state of insane rage because I have yet to get mine back and it's been months.:frustrated:

If it's still that same LCS that had all the bad reviews, might be better to request in person, but you know that lol hope that you get your books!

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

So, from what I can infer from the two other threads and the article, this case model was only used for approximately a 3 month period from 04/16 through the end of 6/16.

yep..... right when I got my first IH 181 graded ^^lol 

4 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

So, from what I can infer from the two other threads and the article, this case model was only used for approximately a 3 month period from 04/16 through the end of 6/16.

Rare collector's item!

8 hours ago, NoMan said:

If I find the article or whatever I’ll post it. Surprised me too. It is odd. I just walked into the building, looked on the directory, said hi to security, took elevator to 7th floor, giant sign on door STEVE DITKO. 

EDIT: Also, you know, I read Ditko's letters to folk on ebay. Someone wrote to him something like, "I know you are a reclusive man who doesn't like visitors..." And Ditko wrote back, in usual blast mode, something like, "Well how do you know I'm a recluse who doesn't like visitors. Are you taking someone else's word on it or you have your own personal experience?" 

It's all really odd.

It's a fair question.

16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

If it's still that same LCS that had all the bad reviews, might be better to request in person, but you know that lol hope that you get your books!

Problem is I submitted 13 books with them

I call once a week and they say they are expecting a shipment next week,this has been going on longer than I would like.