• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your IW Reprints!
3 3

118 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Wish I remembered where I read the history on these. It was a real nickel and dime operation though and completely violated all copyright and trademark laws.

Wikipedia indicates there was this article but it is not the one I read. They also have a table of all issues and source material.

Brennan, T. Casey."The Untold History of I.W. Comics," The Comics Journal #57 (June 1980), pp. 118–119

Yeah, I think I read about them somewhere. They sound like a bunch of pirates. I still wonder if anyone has tried to put a list together of them.

The weirdest on for me is probably the Space Detective 8   that starts with a reprint cover from Avon Space Detective 1, and then you get Famous Funnies 191 on the inside. I wasn't old enough to read at the time it came out, but if i got it a couple years later I would have been real disappointed.

9 minutes ago, Montezuma said:

The weirdest on for me is probably the Space Detective 8   that starts with a reprint cover from Avon Space Detective 1, and then you get Famous Funnies 191 on the inside. I wasn't old enough to read at the time it came out, but if i got it a couple years later I would have been real disappointed.

Yeah, they can sure be misleading. Always like to see what is inside before I buy one. Thanks, by the way for all the info!