• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Mass Comic Book Expo - November 24 - Florence, MA - FREE ADMISSION

11 posts in this topic

2E6E766E-1926-4BAE-9433-EB6537F8CD4C.jpeg.1bcc065db1d4697164b3aeaf3e55437a.jpeg
Sunday November 24 2019
10AM-3PM
American Legion
63 Riverside Drive
Florence, MA 01062
FREE Admission!

Mark your calendars for a great event featuring 20 tables of comic books and artwork. Looking for that elusive back issue? Missed the hot new release? Our dealers will have everything from investment grade keys to dollar books! Comic books from the golden age to present! Free Admission!

Featuring local creators:

Gary Smith

Mark Masztal

Casey Kruk

Warren Onufer 

Marcus McLaurin (Marvels, Cage)

Tanner Ogle

Casey Kruk

Vendors:

Holeymoleys (Shelburne Falls, MA)

World’s Most Dangerous Comic Books (MA)

Enterprize Comics, Etc (NH)

Oignucs Comics (RI)

Fanboy's Comics (NY)

Doug Adams (ME)

Nishon Morgan (VT)

WONDER CARDS & COMICS (VT)

Edited by AmazingComics413

We’re happy to welcome guest artist Gary Smith! Hailing from South Deerfield, MA, Gary Smith is a 1991 graduate of the Joe Kubert School. His resume includes work for Valiant/Acclaim comics and Canson Paper Company's "How to Draw Manga" line of comic book papers. Smith currently produces two comic books: The Doe-Nild and Tales of J'lleen

B7B7CB60-E3BD-42EE-8A9C-75A5A4EF833F.jpeg

We're happy to welcome World’s Most Dangerous Comics to the Western Mass Comic Book Expo! They exhibit at very few shows, and will be bringing some very obscure comic books to the show! Check out some of these great titles available exclusively at our event!

#westernmasscomicshow #worldsmostdangerouscomics #comicbooksforsale #comicsforsale #comicconventions

468BA3FB-B601-446D-B18F-09AF5F21CBBA.jpeg

AE329F38-2AD5-4F76-B651-89990ECC9D35.jpeg

4B102DD1-9B04-4705-9F07-63DBC8BF7E7C.jpeg

We’re happy to welcome Marcus McLaurin to the show!

Marcus McLaurin is an American comic-book writer and editor best known for developing the landmark Marvel Comics limited series Marvels by Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross.

McLaurin studied art at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, New York, before joining Marvel as an assistant editor. He rose to become a full editor working on the Epic Comics imprint and on other Marvel projects. These included Epic's various Alien Legion limited series, its "Heavy Hitters" line of action comics by Peter David, Howard Chaykin and others, and licensed titles such as the legendary manga Akira and filmmaker and fantasy novelist Clive Barker's Clive Barker's Night Breed and Hellraiser. He also edited the creatively daring Razorline imprint of superheroes created by Barker for Marvel.

McLaurin developed Marvels — a painted-art miniseries recounting the Marvel universe epic from the point of view of an Everyman not privy to the omniscient-view details given real-life comics readers — after its conception by comics newcomer Ross, a future industry superstar whom McLaurin worked with and encouraged. Teaming the artist with writer Busiek and shepherding it through Marvel as a prestige project, McLaurin saw Marvels win 1994 Harvey Awards for "Best Continuing or Limited Series", "Best Single Issue or Story" (issue #4), and "Excellence in Production/Presentation"; the graphic novel compilation released in 1995 won the following year's award for "Best Graphic Album of Previously Published Work". It won critical accolades in such mainstream magazines as Entertainment Weekly.

As a writer, McLaurin helmed the 18-issue run of the Luke Cage revival series Cage (1992-1993). He also wrote issues of The Punisher (1987-1995 series) and occasional features in Marvel Comics Presents.

After ten years at Marvel, McLaurin has moved into a career in Art Direction and Digital Design. He was Art Director for the Channing Bete Company, a publisher of health and Educational materials in South Deerfield, MA. Most recently he has become Design Director for Great Source, a Division of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. He is pursuing a Masters Degree in Digital Design.

#westernmasscomicshow #marcusmclaurin #marvels #marvelcomics

#comicbooksforsale #comicsforsale #comics4sale #igcomicfamily #comicconventions #comicbookshow #comicbookshows

Edited by AmazingComics413

On 11/3/2019 at 7:02 AM, AmazingComics413 said:

We're happy to welcome World’s Most Dangerous Comics to the Western Mass Comic Book Expo! They exhibit at very few shows, and will be bringing some very obscure comic books to the show! Check out some of these great titles available exclusively at our event!

#westernmasscomicshow #worldsmostdangerouscomics #comicbooksforsale #comicsforsale #comicconventions

468BA3FB-B601-446D-B18F-09AF5F21CBBA.jpeg

AE329F38-2AD5-4F76-B651-89990ECC9D35.jpeg

I can't wait to see them there!  Oh, wait . That's me.  :) 
My capable and talented assistant (one of my two awesome daughters) will be there, and we hope to see you there as well.

When was the last time you went to a comic book show with FREE admission?  I've been going to shows since 1980, and I don't recall ever going to one that was totally free.  Stop by and say 'hi' if you can! 

8 hours ago, SOTIcollector said:

When was the last time you went to a comic book show with FREE admission?  I've been going to shows since 1980, and I don't recall ever going to one that was totally free.  Stop by and say 'hi' if you can! 

Our way of saying Thank You to the comic book collecting community in the area! Hope to see some boardies at the show!