• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this CGC case look odd to anyone?

11 posts in this topic

HI everyone.  I've never posted before, so not sure this is the correct place to start this topic.  I came across this auction on ebay this morning.  It's currently still active.  See the picture below and let me know if anyone thinks the CGC case looks odd.  The label looks like it was cut wrong.  The case also looks like it is too big for the comic.  I realize this is not the newest generation of CGC slabs, but when I looked up the certification number, the info states this was slabbed on 3/13/2018.  Is this date after the new slabs were introduced?  Obviously I'm new here so still learning, but wanted to get some opinions on what people think. 

740621918_Batman13CGC.thumb.jpg.4a56aeeeedd9277a3337a320447c555d.jpg

Definitely looks unusual as its in a magazine case but the label being cut that way is throwing me off a lot I am guess as someone said maybe the spine roll and it not being a pressed book cause CGC to put it in a thicker case like for magazines just a total guess I would contact CGC and see what they say I am sure they would know. 

2 hours ago, JWKyle said:

This book looks like it's slabbed in a magazine case. Probably wouldn't fit into a regular case because of a spine roll.

This is correct. The magazine size cases never took the shape of a new label. Everything is fine. 

Yes, this looks like the book must have been a little too big for a comic holder, so they elected to put it in a magazine holder instead. The label looks correct for a magazine label, except it's not the newer style label, it's the older label. Did they use a wedge on this book? That would help hold it in place in the well...