• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shannon Maer - Artist for 2020
2 2

101 posts in this topic

Personally, I do like the Emma Frost cover.  I do think it's the best of the bunch so far.  I did pick up the Poison Ivy/Harley books as well as the recently announced Black Widow ones. 

Not a fan of the DCeased #1 Harley Cover or the Red Sonja/Vamp/Betty/Veronica Covers.    I think there's a market for this artist short term and only time will tell if there's any long term collectibility to this artist.  

As always, collect what you like!!!

39 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

This makes no sense. Why is your LCS getting a store variant from another store ?

I don't understand, why wouldn't they? How else would they be able to sell this specific variant?

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Why wouldn't you just order it from the original retailer?

It's cheaper to get it through my LCS than it is from the original retailer, it's also safer and more reliable.

2 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

I don't understand, why wouldn't they? How else would they be able to sell this specific variant?

It's cheaper to get it through my LCS than it is from the original retailer, it's also safer and more reliable.

You can buy it direct from the store that is selling it. You are most likely paying a higher price. Maybe you aren't familiar with store variants? What price did you pay from your store?

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You can buy it direct from the store that is selling it. You are most likely paying a higher price. Maybe you aren't familiar with store variants? What price did you pay from your store?

I paid $35

For reference if I went with the option on ebay posted on the previous page it would cost me $60 excluding custom fees.

So yes while I am paying a higher price i'm also getting it far cheaper than if I ordered it myself. One of the cons of living 13000km away from the direct store.

Edited by IbukiLord
Edit

14 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

I paid $35

For reference if I went with the option on ebay posted on the previous page it would cost me $60 excluding custom fees.

So yes while I am paying a higher price i'm also getting it far cheaper than if I ordered it myself. One of the cons of living 13000km away from the direct store.

For future reference, this is one of the stores that is selling it. There are others. It’s $13 + shipping. Depending where you are, you’re correct. It probably won’t be less than $35. But it won’t be anywhere near $60.

https://www.thecomicmint.com/products/web-of-black-widow-1-shannon-maer-variant

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

For future reference, this is one of the stores that is selling it. There are others. It’s $13 + shipping. Depending where you are, you’re correct. It probably won’t be less than $35. But it won’t be anywhere near $60.

https://www.thecomicmint.com/products/web-of-black-widow-1-shannon-maer-variant

Thanks I tried but total cost was $57.95

Might be able to use it at some stage if I place a big order to keep prices down.

1 hour ago, IbukiLord said:

Thanks I tried but total cost was $57.95

Might be able to use it at some stage if I place a big order to keep prices down.

$45 for shipping? That doesn’t sound right. Should cost about $15-22 depending.

Did you try here?

https://www.sadlemoncomics.com/collections/shannon-maer/products/web-of-black-widow-1-shannon-maer-trade-dress-variant-limited-to-3000

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Did you try here?

https://www.sadlemoncomics.com/collections/shannon-maer/products/web-of-black-widow-1-shannon-maer-trade-dress-variant-limited-to-3000

Sadlemon is a solid comic retailer for us in the UK. They've never let me down and I've always got my books in great shape (and no, I do not work or them or are related to any of them ;) ).

Edited by Jitstark

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Did you try here?

Thanks for this one, shipping only comes in at £4 going to give this place a try and see how secure my package is.

Well at @greggy you know where I stand with all of this stuff.  I shrug at the hyping my own books thing so I can cash out later.  The variants thing is laughable to me.  Sure, someone will hit it big with that ultra rare variant that they are hyping or books that may see only a few hundred copies of that cover in print... I get that. 

But it's not for me.   The endless arguing over the next hot thing is laughable when the combatants are mostly hyping what they have in a box somewhere waiting to sell.  Artist variants ? shrug. 

Side note... no one ever asked me why I stocked up on Miles Morales first appearance instead of Spider-Gwen.  Well I kind of did with both... See... I picked up Ultimate 4 or whatever it is and have numerous copies in a box somewhere.  I did pick up Spider-Gwen's first appearance.  I picked up multiple copies of Amazing Spider-man 31.  After cashing in on a few copies this last year, I am left with my 9.0, 8.5, 6.0. 2 Raw copies and I think I might have a 6.5 somewhere.   See I did get the first appearance of Spider-Gwen... 

Edited Side Note... I once bought a Gen 13 Boxed set simply so I could trade it to a dealer for single digit spider-man issues... I got an issue 5 and I think it was issue 8 out of the deal as well. :)

See modern variants ARE good for something. 

Edited by Buzzetta

22 hours ago, Second Blight said:

Thanks for the paid promotion

Hahaha. I wish I was paid by them because I pick up a fair few books and some CGC's from them, I know how it sounds but I'm just trying to give people my experience of them. You can take it any way you want to