• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Registry symbol for Signature Series
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I love SS books. I have about 100. All of my books are listed in the CGC Registry. There is a small symbol in column #5 of the Registry which is presented when a book has one or more photograph/s, and a second symbol when a book has notes.

Q. Is it possible that CGC could add a third symbol in column #5 (or elsewhere) to denote a Signature Series book?

Doesn't it show a Signature book when you look at the specific book?  Oh, just checked - yes it does.  It'll also have a greater point value than a comparable graded book in the next person's registry.  I don't think this is needed...

On 7/22/2019 at 12:02 AM, Yorick said:

Doesn't it show a Signature book when you look at the specific book?  Oh, just checked - yes it does.  It'll also have a greater point value than a comparable graded book in the next person's registry.  I don't think this is needed...

Thanks for considering this, Yorik, and for replying. You your questions: Yes and Yes. By your reasoning, CGC should remove the photograph and notes symbols too (as when you open the specific book, both are showing).

But I remain of the view that a symbol to highlight the book as an SS would be a welcome addition. I hope there are a few like-minded supporters out there?