• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the one collectible you own that you love more than your most prized GA book ?
4 4

54 posts in this topic

Would have to be original Schulz art. I have had a lot of it, going back to the early 90's. I let go of one of the best pieces of all-time but I still have this one and I like it especially because it is exactly the kind of conversations I have with my wife on a regular basis.

IMG_1986.PNG

2 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

I'm a very small time gun collector,

Entalmighty1, just today I got in the mail my usual Heritage Auction lit, and they are honest to goodness selling meteorites. Look at what someone made from a meteorite . . . 

0D87197E-7171-49F0-812B-B88AD97B8A57.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Would have to be original Schulz art. I have had a lot of it, going back to the early 90's. I let go of one of the best pieces of all-time but I still have this one and I like it especially because it is exactly the kind of conversations I have with my wife on a regular basis.

IMG_1986.PNG

That’s a great one Rick :golfclap:

44 minutes ago, Bookery said:

I don't really collect anything at present, so I don't own it anymore.  But this is the title-page to Shakespeare's only all-fantasy play from the original 1632 Second Folio.  Not as expensive as you might think, but still... it's rare that I miss anything I've parted with, but I kinda do on this one.

image.png.d2fa5aaffde452bb6d659f695a287866.png

That is awesome.

7 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Whoa! You knew him when, huh?

Not personally.  It was lifted by someone who worked at the Bursar office at Yale out of his graduate school file. He brought it home and upon his passing ended up with his daughter.  I got it via auction many moons ago.  The Fonz was my probably my first “ superhero “ 👍🏻😃

Edited by Chicago Boy

34 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

that letter from the Fonz is sweet but i can't quite read what it says ??

In a nutshell ,  he’s Making a financial  aid payment at Yale to the Bursar office. His student ID number is attached. It looks like he paid it early by the notation made on the right hand side in black marker. He seems to have a relationship with this individual as he writes that he is going to be a part of a mid season television series starting after the first of the year.  A show called Happy Days where he plays a character named Fonzie.