Page split
0

7 posts in this topic

40 posts

Hi,

I have an old Batman comic and three pages are split from the bottom staple to the end. I would like to show you guys some pics but I´m afraid that it would damage the pages more.

Does anybody know how this would effect the grade if the book is a let´s say 7.0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,600 posts
5 hours ago, locomat said:

Hi,

I have an old Batman comic and three pages are split from the bottom staple to the end. I would like to show you guys some pics but I´m afraid that it would damage the pages more.

Does anybody know how this would effect the grade if the book is a let´s say 7.0?

Are just the pages split? No cover split?

If that's the case, without pictures, I'd guess a 4.0 max grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 posts
17 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Are just the pages split? No cover split?

If that's the case, without pictures, I'd guess a 4.0 max grade.

Jupp....just the pages are split. The cover is totally fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,452 posts

Possibly brittle, which would be a grade killer. Had an early superman #10 that was a PGX 7.0 drop down to CGC 3.0 because the interior pages were brittle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,600 posts
13 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Possibly brittle, which would be a grade killer. Had an early superman #10 that was a PGX 7.0 drop down to CGC 3.0 because the interior pages were brittle. 

Yeah, "old Batman" doesn't really help us understand how old it actually is.

I didn't infer "brittle" PQ, but you make a good point. I simply thought the fear of damage would be from further tearing the pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
970 posts

Exactly what "Old Batman Book" are we talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
659 posts

Good chance you get a brittle page designation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0