• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Page split

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an old Batman comic and three pages are split from the bottom staple to the end. I would like to show you guys some pics but I´m afraid that it would damage the pages more.

Does anybody know how this would effect the grade if the book is a let´s say 7.0?

5 hours ago, locomat said:

Hi,

I have an old Batman comic and three pages are split from the bottom staple to the end. I would like to show you guys some pics but I´m afraid that it would damage the pages more.

Does anybody know how this would effect the grade if the book is a let´s say 7.0?

Are just the pages split? No cover split?

If that's the case, without pictures, I'd guess a 4.0 max grade.

17 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Are just the pages split? No cover split?

If that's the case, without pictures, I'd guess a 4.0 max grade.

Jupp....just the pages are split. The cover is totally fine!

13 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Possibly brittle, which would be a grade killer. Had an early superman #10 that was a PGX 7.0 drop down to CGC 3.0 because the interior pages were brittle. 

Yeah, "old Batman" doesn't really help us understand how old it actually is.

I didn't infer "brittle" PQ, but you make a good point. I simply thought the fear of damage would be from further tearing the pages.