• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do they actually Press a Book?

48 posts in this topic

I would suggest emailing the companies or checking out the websites of companies that do it and asking them.  Additionally, there are some youtube videos.  But to that end, I would guess most professionals would have some proprietary knowledge that would keep them from providing some of the very specific detail elements of the process.

But generally, they get something hot and flat and press an area or areas of a given comic book in an effort to flatten out that part of the book. 

I'm more interested in what led you to asking such a vague general question here to a bunch of random internet strangers instead of doing the barest modicum of research on the internet to find out the basics for yourself.

2 hours ago, Ladic said:

How do they actually do it?

24 minutes ago, revat said:

I'm more interested in what led you to asking such a vague general question here to a bunch of random internet strangers instead of doing the barest modicum of research on the internet to find out the basics for yourself.

:roflmao:

Back around 2003, I had an I Love Lucy #1 with a dogeared corner.  I put a huge stack of heavy books on it for a week.  There was no change to the book.  I guess I wouldn't make a good presser.  :sorry:

Edited by comicdonna
forgot an s

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/howtopresscomics.htm

A lot of info here. Guy also has a book and a Facebook group, they talk about the topic often. Good luck. It seems like everyone who presses , kinda figured it out on their own and a lot of them do things different the each other. 

Some of this info could definitely be disputed. but that's an individuals responsibility to figure it out on their own if they want to put the time in.

Edited by paul747

The real answer? Visit youtube for some demonstrations. There are machines that combine heat, very light moisture and pressure to press a comic.

The better answer? Zoos expanding their revenue streams by having hippos and elephants sit on customer's comics for extended periods of time. 

On 7/3/2019 at 9:10 AM, paul747 said:

A lot of info here. Guy also has a book and a Facebook group, they talk about the topic often. Good luck. It seems like everyone who presses , kinda figured it out on their own and a lot of them do things different the each other. 

Some of this info could definitely be disputed. but that's an individuals responsibility to figure it out on their own if they want to put the time in.

No one should be listening to KaptainMyke about pressing

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, paul747 said:

A lot of info alright. (thumbsu