• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for the dealers: How to decide when to hold one back for you?
2 2

52 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2019 at 12:39 PM, chrisco37 said:

Rich Evans @MrBedrock, I think still collects Timely's.  Maybe he can chime in?  

It's quite obvious you have not been paying attention to all of the books that Richard has been posting because it is so much more than just Timely's.  :gossip:

10 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Pretty sure @Brother J bought that.

Yep, I did buy the black and white copy of Angry Youth Comix pictured above off eBay. I'm not saying the one pictured was the copy I had, but it was that issue. I sold it to someone, I believe it was a friend here on the boards. He can chime in if he wants to identify himself. Any idea of a value on it? I knew it was a rare item, but I didn't mind moving it on to someone who would appreciate it more.

17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

It's quite obvious you have not been paying attention to all of the books that Richard has been posting because it is so much more than just Timely's.  :gossip:

Yeah, I don’t go into gold on a regular basis.  It makes me want to buy books.  

On 7/4/2019 at 12:41 PM, dupont2005 said:

The one I’m talking about had an original print run of 20 copies and rumor has it plenty of them went in the trash. There’s 3-4 copies accounted for on the boards. It’s a four figure comic

The Dead@17 ashcan.  I've been looking for one for years.:sorry:

I should have scooped up yours when you were selling.

Edited by oakman29

On 7/6/2019 at 4:07 AM, chrisco37 said:
On 7/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, lou_fine said:

Yeah, I don’t go into gold on a regular basis.  It makes me want to buy books.  

+1

I totally understand as I also get that exact same feeeling when I see some of the gorgeous books being posted there. (thumbsu

Yet at the same time, when I see some of the final auction prices being realized on some of these books, it makes me think that it might just be time to sell as opposed to trying to buy into this red hot marketplace.  hm  (shrug)

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

+1

I totally understand as I also get that exact same feeeling when I see some of the gorgeous books being posted there. (thumbsu

Yet at the same time, when I see some of the final auction prices being realized on some of these books, it makes me think that it might just be time to sell as opposed to trying to buy into this red hot marketplace.  hm  (shrug)

DONT DO IT

8 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
15 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

+1

DONT DO IT

Is this what you tried to tell yourself earlier this year?  lol

So, did the devil on your shoulder win in the end or was it hopefully the angel on your other shoulder?  :slapfight:

19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

So, did the devil on your shoulder win in the end or was it hopefully the angel on your other shoulder?  :slapfight:

The devil won. The angel never even had a chance. I went big on another book. So big, it made all my previous books jealous and now they won’t talk to me

3 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
24 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

The devil won. The angel never even had a chance. I went big on another book. So big, it made all my previous books jealous and now they won’t talk to me

Well, if you went big on another book, it could really be a case of the angel winning in the end by the time it's all said and done.  :wishluck:

It could just be a case of the devil winning the battle for now, with the angel winning the war in the end. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you went big on another book, it could really be a case of the angel winning in the end by the time it's all said and done.  :wishluck:

It could just be a case of the devil winning the battle for now, with the angel winning the war in the end. (thumbsu

Yes but you are forgetting my motto buy high sell low

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes but you are forgetting my motto buy high sell low

Or you could adopt a slightly altered version of Warren Buffet's motto:

The stock market, or the vintage collectible comic book in our case here, is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.  hm  (thumbsu