• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel 1968 number 1's appreciation
3 3

79 posts in this topic

I’ve been looking for a silver surfer #1 mid grade but they’re getting expensive 🙁 I’ve always wanted one since I was in high school in the 90’s.

That’s a good looking Hulk. Some of these like the Nick Fury get no love and are surprisingly affordable compared to the others. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, BrooksR said:

I’ve been looking for a silver surfer #1 mid grade but they’re getting expensive 🙁 I’ve always wanted one since I was in high school in the 90’s.

That’s a good looking Hulk. Some of these like the Nick Fury get no love and are surprisingly affordable compared to the others. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah the Silver Surfer 1 is a tough one to find at an affordable price. It's pretty high on my list before he pops up in the MCU and the price goes even higher.

23 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

I would also love to have that Captain  America, what a great cover! All the silver age books are steadily creeping out of my price range, even in lower grades. At least I get to see the ones on the board 🙂

PM sent

10 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Maybe I’m weird, but I’ve always preferred the series’ starts; for example, Tales To Astonish 60 for Hulk, 70 for Subby, Tales Of Suspense 59 for Cap.

These books don’t seem to be getting love these days, and they’re cheaper!

Your right on that they definitely don't get the love they deserve, though I love the cover on Tales to Astonish 59 over 60. I need to get my TOS 59 cleaned. 

IMG_20190707_200812795.jpg

IMG_20190707_200759994.jpg

Just now, silversufer27 said:

I would put silver surfer 1 cause he's my favorite character but someone mentioned him already but don't forget about captain marvel 1 it was a pretty good series. 

RADF9F8D201912_9475.jpg

Great point. I didn't think of him. One more to add to my list

When I had my shop, people were willing to spend good money on Iron Man 2 but not Hulk 103.  Nor Captain America 102.  Tales to Astonish and Tales of Suspense were dead, especially the later issues. I tried explaining that Hulk 103 is the second issue of the title, just like Iron Man 2 is the second book in that title. You'd think you were breaking the HRN code from Classics or something.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

When I had my shop, people were willing to spend good money on Iron Man 2 but not Hulk 103.  Nor Captain America 102.  Tales to Astonish and Tales of Suspense were dead, especially the later issues. I tried explaining that Hulk 103 is the second issue of the title, just like Iron Man 2 is the second book in that title. You'd think you were breaking the HRN code from Classics or something.

I had no idea that Hulk 102 relaunched his solo stories until a few months ago. I think the way they kept the numbering system going from TOS and TTA hurt those titles. Same with Dr Strange 169. 

On 7/17/2019 at 8:39 AM, Steelrain41 said:

I had no idea that Hulk 102 relaunched his solo stories

The solo stories get re-started in Tales To Astonish 60. Hulk 102 gives the Hulk an entire comic of his own again. Most people like Hulk 102 better. 

But not me! :sumo: