• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mad Magazine, as you now know it, will soon cease to exist - the end of Mad Magazine
5 5

200 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nope. I suspect #10 will probably just be a regular issue with no fanfare. But I’m sure the money grabbers at DC will come out with a “special collector’s edition” designed to squeeze the last buck out of fans...

One day I'm gonna dig out my original panels I sent to Mad for my article in #336 that monte wolverton used to draw the final art and send them to you.

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Get him a $5. Subscription for old times sake.(shrug)

hm  might just do that. We went to Haileys Comics in Fort Collins Colorado and the owner sold him a big stack of Mads real cheap. I think he was just happy to see some young kid interested in Mads. 

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:
20 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I did it 

Can’t lose. Single copies are more than that on the newstand. Even if they completely fold in a few issues you are ahead. 

Buzz never loses.

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Follow me around for awhile and see how wrong you are. lol 

dont burst my bubble.  we consider you like galactus around here.

On 7/11/2019 at 6:58 PM, Buzzetta said:

did they also make you pay some stupid 99 cent fulfillment charge? I hate hidden charges that are presented AFTER you can't back out of a deal-- however small they might be.

"

Fulfillment Fee

A one-time, non-refundable fulfillment fee will be charged to your credit/ debit card as per the terms of the offer’s fine print on Groupon’s website.

"

and even more sneaky stuff from the magazine company-- they want your CC information so they can automatically renew your subscription unless you remember to cancel it.

Fulfillment Fee: $0.99 What's this?
Magazine Offer and Billing Terms: By clicking redeem, you understand that the credit /debit card you provide will be charged a non-refundable $0.99 fulfillment fee and that you will be receiving the number of issues shown for your selection. You also authorize that your subscription will automatically renew each year to the account provided at the rate then in effect unless you choose to cancel by contacting us at question@bluedolphinmags.com. Prior to the end of your subscription period, we will send a renewal terms reminder notice via email with the rate for the next term of issues. Renewal terms cancelled after processing will be refunded for a prorated amount. If a magazine title becomes unavailable, it may be replaced by another with the same renewal features. The number of issues in a magazine term is subject to the discretion of the publisher and may change at any time. Blue Dolphin is not responsible for delivery issues due to incorrect or incomplete delivery address or to correctional facilities. Blue Dolphin reserves the right to cancel an account at its discretion. Offer valid on US orders only. Please allow up to 6-10 weeks for delivery of your first issue.
Edited by 01TheDude

I would not do this groupon coupon if I were you guys-- I am already very mad that I got suckered into using this--- especially after finding out who is doing the redemption:

They rip people off with fine print-- DO NOT FALL FOR THIS BS!

https://www.hotcouponworld.com/community/threads/watch-out-for-blue-dolphin-magazines.501819/

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

I would not do this groupon coupon if I were you guys-- I am already very mad that I got suckered into using this--- especially after finding out who is doing the redemption:

They rip people off with fine print-- DO NOT FALL FOR THIS BS!

https://www.hotcouponworld.com/community/threads/watch-out-for-blue-dolphin-magazines.501819/

I did not know this and I apologize if I screwed anyone over. 

I myself bought the $5 subscription to JUST the Mad Magazine.  When I went to check out they offered me other 'deals' but I have no use for any of the other magazines so I just got the 6 issue subscription to Mad. I have used Groupon a few times to much success ranging from a Costco membership to D&D Gift Cards and did not think anything of this. 

I will be watching closely as to what happens with the Mad Magazine charge but I did not sign up for anything else whether it be for a trial or a reduced subscription rate.    However, if anything does happen I will let you all know.

Again, as it was Groupon related I figure it is on the up and up.  Again though, I only signed up for the one subscription to Mad. 

As far as the renewal for Mad though, I would like to get it until, "the end".  So once it has concluded there should be no further charges. 

Edited by Buzzetta

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I did not know this and I apologize if I screwed anyone over. 

I myself bought the $5 subscription to JUST the Mad Magazine.  When I went to check out they offered me other 'deals' but I have no use for any of the other magazines so I just got the 6 issue subscription to Mad. I have used Groupon a few times to much success ranging from a Costco membership to D&D Gift Cards and did not think anything of this. 

I will be watching closely as to what happens with the Mad Magazine charge but I did not sign up for anything else whether it be for a trial or a reduced subscription rate.    However, if anything does happen I will let you all know.

Again, as it was Groupon related I figure it is on the up and up.  Again though, I only signed up for the one subscription to Mad. 

As far as the renewal for Mad though, I would like to get it until, "the end".  So once it has concluded there should be no further charges. 

Most likely you have now subscribed to 14 different magazines with a clause stating you must purchase at least 6 months.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Most likely you have now subscribed to 14 different magazines with a clause stating you must purchase at least 6 months.

Most likely if that happens I file a fraud charge through my CC and they will have my back. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Most likely if that happens I file a fraud charge through my CC and they will have my back. 

Most likely they will regret @!@#$% with you-