• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 1 9.0 SS up for sale, how did this happen?
1 1

39 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, namisgr said:

What's that, like a half million dollar label mistake?

Taking sloppy to the next level...that's fo' sho. 

did CGC miss label it or is this legit and seller is just saying reprint? so confused. 

I know the seller is saying reprint but how do we know its a reprint? As we cant see the inside cover. 

10 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

did CGC miss label it or is this legit and seller is just saying reprint? so confused. 

I know the seller is saying reprint but how do we know its a reprint? As we cant see the inside cover. 

I suppose that's why you should ALWAYS buy the book and not the label...

23 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

The reprint has three staples, while the original had two. 

1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

pretty sure it's legit

buy at reprint price, and great sig to boot

win-win

47 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

Who in their right mind would have Henry Cavill sign an original Superman #1?  oh wait.....

holland.jpg

why they already had Stan sign it that would of been enough 

Amazingly enough, there is a similarly labelled Wonder Woman #1 with all the indication of it being an original and not a reprint.  The seller has appropriately listed it as a reprint. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMAN-1-CGCSS-REPRINT-Autograph-by-Gal-Gadot/202725332923?hash=item2f335f17bb:g:y4gAAOSwkq9c-LvO

The seller also has a slabbed Batmen #1 reprint that is (finally) labelled correctly as a reprint. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-1-CGCSS-8-0-1940-Reprint-Autographed-By-Ben-Affleck/202725317755?hash=item2f335edc7b:g:xfgAAOSwxuRc-1bY

Of course a collector actually in the market for the original books would never mistake these for the originals, but some random casual fan might.  That is truly horrific labeling.  :whatthe: