• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 1 9.0 SS up for sale, how did this happen?
1 1

39 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Krishosein said:

did CGC miss label it or is this legit and seller is just saying reprint? so confused. 

I know the seller is saying reprint but how do we know its a reprint? As we cant see the inside cover. 

First off, even if you missed the drastic difference in hue and cover paper texture between the relatively blandly colored, low gloss 1939 issue (compared to this), the size of the label, left to right, in relation to the size of the book (super golden age sized width as opposed to modern age width) compared to the width of the book is a dead giveaway, label size being constant. Also, although some golden age books were manufactured with one staple, notably, Timelys, a 3 staple Superman 1 1939 issue would be unique.

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

Props to the seller for putting reprint in the title, this is an epic labeling ___k up by CGC.  

Might have been done on purpose! A deliberate spike. To see if we're paying attention. To see who's naughty and who's nice. Testing us and keeping us sharp and on our toes.

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Might have been done on purpose! A deliberate spike. To see if we're paying attention. To see who's naughty and who's nice. Testing us and keeping us sharp and on our toes.

I can think of several sellers that would have run with it-

On 7/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, D84 said:
On 7/4/2019 at 11:09 AM, Krishosein said:

did CGC miss label it or is this legit and seller is just saying reprint? so confused. 

I know the seller is saying reprint but how do we know its a reprint? As we cant see the inside cover. 

The reprint has three staples, while the original had two

Maybe its legit and should have a green label *staple added*! 

I know it's been beaten to death before, but put me on the list of people who HATE movie stars signing comic books of characters they portrayed.  Especially heroes that have been around for decades and decades.   The only exception I can think of, is if it was a variant of them in costume. 

Edited by Mercury Man

1 hour ago, Mercury Man said:

I know it's been beaten to death before, but put me on the list of people who HATE movie stars signing comic books of characters they portrayed.  Especially heroes that have been around for decades and decades.   The only exception I can think of, is if it was a variant of them in costume. 

For me I could see it if it were an iconic portrayal of the hero, as in Christopher Reeve.  That may be a subjective opinion. 

8 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

The only exception I can think of, is if it was a variant of them in costume.

Or maybe a book that is otherwise directly connected to their portrayal of the character.

On 7/5/2019 at 3:59 PM, Mercury Man said:

Screw you man, I’m getting Val Kilmer on my ‘Tec 27!!!  :devil:

7 minutes ago, lordisam said:

Henry Cavill weird CGI "Justice League" mustache-free face

with weird CGI speaking with voice not matching lips like bad kung fu movie.

Fire Marshall Bill said it best: