• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No doubt I am late to the party but please explain Mile High's Ebay prices
1 1

58 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

Just watched the video. In a nutshell, according to chuck, they’re big and offer a lot of stuff/variety...which creates a ton of overhead, which results in higher prices.

Link?

His rational appears to be " you pay more than item can be bought elsewhere or over market"  because he has the biggest selection and you need to pay more because he owns 10 million comic books....something is wrong with that? What happens when you decide you sell that item and you don't own a 10million comic sized collection?..how are you gonna recover the overprice paid....

Edited by Mmehdy

Kind of reminds me of the novel (and movie) THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE. When asked about marriage , Eddie says something like"My friend, if I had the time to explain it to you, you wouldn't believe it anyway". Same goes for this line of pricing.

"Yes I am charging $300 for this Youngblood #1-it's a fair price because I lost my business and am in bankruptcy.  It's completely fair to charge YOU based upon what MY problems are.  The actual value of the item is irrelevant wth is wrong with you??

On 7/6/2019 at 11:54 AM, Callaway29 said:

Just watched the video. In a nutshell, according to chuck, they’re big and offer a lot of stuff/variety...which creates a ton of overhead, which results in higher prices.

Except he doesn't have $60 per square foot rent, and his supposedly vast inventory is basically in competition with the entire inventory of the internet, so who cares how many books he has?

(And why is it taking 4 years to paint a wall...and it still looks like they're just getting started on it???)

I used to order 50-cent comics from Chuck out of his ads in Marvel books in the 80s, and I was never disappointed. He would obviously rather sell fewer comics at a higher price than a lot of comics at a lower price. Which is fine.

1 hour ago, RCheli said:

I used to order 50-cent comics from Chuck out of his ads in Marvel books in the 80s, and I was never disappointed

That's all I did from the UK. Early nineties, I bought $1 or $2 Bronze Age or independent comics from his Specials section.  Grade would be 9.0 or often better.  No nightmare overgrading story to tell, in this case.

15 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I'll add you to the list of "good guys". lol

But he killed Kenny!

The one thing worth looking through their inventory for me, on occasion, is that they sometimes have modern variants that they don't know squat about and occasionally you'll see a $10-40 type book for less than $5.  I personally don't wast time looking to pick things off but if it is something that is on my wantlist, then I'll buy it.

13 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I always thought selling comics was just a front for his real business....(shrug)

He'll cut you!