• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inspiration for super hero uniforms

4 posts in this topic

And I thought ...that costume looks familiar.  It must have been the inspiration for the '80s armoured Psylock look.

Do people agree? and to make this into a slightly less off-topic, any OA you can share of old images that must have been inspiration for modern uniforms of super heroes?

1987%20MSilvestri%20XMen%20235%20page.jpg

e43871e9870d7f8a0ccfbf36a7df4355.jpg

Love that Wally Wood page!  Nobody, and I mean nobody, drew women like Wood (although Dave Stevens could give him a run for his money).

Every superhero costume since Superman has been derivative.  and Supes was likely derivative of something else. 

12 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Love that Wally Wood page!  Nobody, and I mean nobody, drew women like Wood (although Dave Stevens could give him a run for his money).

Every superhero costume since Superman has been derivative.  and Supes was likely derivative of something else. 

Women by jack Cole not too bad either!