• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanos (2016-2018)
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Thinking of picking up a series to read - it has been a VERY long time since I have read as opposed to collected (I collect SA and BA keys) - so I am wondering if the 2016-2018 Thanos run (this one: https://www.marvel.com/comics/series/22653/thanos_2016_-_2018) is any good?

Is it available in a graphic novel yet - I see some Thanos Graphic Novels out there - but not sure which ones contain this run.

Also, was this the extent of the run #1-18 (i assume it is not ongoing?)

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

6 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

Thinking of picking up a series to read - it has been a VERY long time since I have read as opposed to collected (I collect SA and BA keys) - so I am wondering if the 2016-2018 Thanos run (this one: https://www.marvel.com/comics/series/22653/thanos_2016_-_2018) is any good?

Is it available in a graphic novel yet - I see some Thanos Graphic Novels out there - but not sure which ones contain this run.

Also, was this the extent of the run #1-18 (i assume it is not ongoing?)

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

There is one annual that goes along with the run and you are correct, it's not ongoing. 

The short Lemire and Cates run (plus Annual) has been collected in trade paperback format.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I'm a huge Thanos Fan and was ecstatic when the series was announced with Lemire writing it. Loved his story arc which ends at issue 12.

Was equally as happy when the following arc was announced with Cates. 

Lemire's arc was clean and concise. I would discuss why I find this incarnation of Thanos so interesting, but that's for another thread as I don't want to spoil.

Cates took it up a big notch. Had so much Cosmic firepower. So much of the fanfare is focused on Cosmic Ghost Rider but Norrin Radd was on another level of badass ... Thought his place in the arc always top notch.

Overall a couple of the better towards best writers currently working in the medium doing a Thanos run some real justice.

I think my favourite series was Thanos: The End.

Starlin always does a perfect job of characterizing the Titan. I liked the fact that it is all actually a post-narrative being relayed to Warlock, and despite Thanos' best efforts he can't fix the fundamental flaw in the universe.