• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Connecticon Hartford, CT. July 11-14, 2019
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard anything about this con or attended in the past?  Looks like a mid-sized, multi-day con in Hartford, CT with a mix of interests including cosplay, gaming, comics, celebrity guests, artists, panels and workshops, and even a coordinated nightlife event Convivial Fest geared towards "nerdy" interests. 

Anyone from the boards going to be there as an exhibitor or attendee?  Would appreciate a brief report and opinion from anyone that's attended or know anything about this event.  I'm mostly interested in buying GA comics and a general fun atmosphere with cool people.  Thanks.

http://connecticon.org/

Edited by davet75

The website claims 30,000 attendees last year 

No Exhibitor application 

The media guests seem to be geared toward kids, The power rangers, Cartoon voice overs, etc 

Events are geared toward cosplay, anime and gaming 

No link at all to exhibitors or comic artists 

Nothing on the site even mentions comics 

$65 for the weekend, $50 for Saturday, $40 for Sunday 

Seems like the whole event is geared toward tween and teen cosplayers 

I'd be surprised to find a serious comic in the room 

4 hours ago, Golden Memories said:

Seems like the whole event is geared toward tween and teen cosplayers 

I'd be surprised to find a serious comic in the room 

Yeah, it's not a comic book con like most of us here would be interested in. It's geared far more towards gaming, animation, cosplay, and pop culture aimed at young'uns. The guest list should tell anyone all they need to know about the focus of this con.

If I had to guess, I'd say most of the comics you would find there would be anime TPBs or stuff like Adventure Time, Power Rangers, Rick and Morty, etc, etc

Edited by Jeffro™