• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graders Notes

5 posts in this topic

Hi,Received my graders notes for a GA book I have. I have a forum question regarding these notes- 1st, there were very specific of the locations for tears,creases,stains,and "chews" but, only a reference to a color touch on the cover but not specifically where the touch is located(there is no bleed thru into the inside cover, or obvious color markings- I did black light the cover and found a glowing speck that might have been the offending touch?) My question is if you are going to point out what and where there is a issue on the other problems,why was the color touch location omitted?  Also,what does this mean? 

Category: Apparent SP

Most of the time there are numerous areas where color touch has been applied.  Even in situations where it is only a small amount.  Sometimes you’ll see “color touch along spine” but outside of that I’ve not seen any specifics regarding location.  As for the “SP” designation this means “slight professional”.  This means the proper materials were used and there is no bleed thru etc.  The good news is “SP” books with color touch can often have it removed (if it’s worth it).

Edited by comicquant

Thanks for your response-I believe that I found the offending color touch and removed it(after looking again on the inside of the book,I found a very small black dot bleed thru) Hopefully, that is the only culprit. Is there a place on this site that has reference meanings to all of the codes used by CGC-this could be very useful for knowing what the books I am interested in purchasing have buried"in the closet"