• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you keep track of it all?!

7 posts in this topic

Just curious how you keep track of what's coming up?  With all the variants, and virgin covers and shocking amount of titles out there; is there a site that helps with this (preferably with pics) or do you just jump to a handful of sites and keep track of it manually.  I'm only into this a couple of years and usually find a lot of the books I would want after the fact.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

If you have a favorite artist, follow them on social media.  They'll usually tease upcoming covers that they're working on on Instagram/Twitter.

Check for preorders on like DCBS or Midtown Comics for standard publisher variants.

But in all honesty, the way I find out about most of the covers, comes from boardies who post here.  Oftentimes from the various pre-order sales posts.

mile high comics still offers a comprehensive list of all the new titles coming out every month to their subscribers. 

But just like any store, they will hype up the books they ordered high on, that has always been the case for decades

for the lesser known stuff (like store/artist exclusive variants for example) I recommend IG or FB. Subscribing to a few comic book pages/users will result in a healthy news feed that you can check periodically and u can decide what appeals to you or not. After time, you can weed out the ones that just list garbage and stick to the users that are efficient to your search needs

When I had an online subscription I would browse through all the upcoming releases every few weeks.. Books are usually posted months in advance. I am also a cover collector so I would mainly browse the upcoming covers. if you wanted to browse variants the easiest thing to do would be a search through eBay.. Find out which store is actually selling the variant and buy through them. eBay should be a last resort for upcoming titles when buying.

Thank you very much for the tips, it’s greatly appreciated. After posting this last night, I stumbled across previewsworld.com and that looks to be a good help as well. 

I'm only interested in a handful of specific artists so I search them on ebay which shows the presale for books a couple of months out.  I'm probably doing it wrong but it's what works for me.