• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

closed

175 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

Been a subscriber for 7 years, order thousands of dollars through previews and have had TWD on order for 2 copies each issue and #193 comes out and they say they ran out of copies. I call Bull! This is why LCS will not survive! What kind of customer service is that. Avoid their shops like the plague, plenty to choose from in the central Florida Area! 

Really?They somehow managed to fill thousands of orders over seven years and the first time they mess up you go on a rant about their customer service? I doubt they will miss you.

I don't know much about TWD, but if I understand my ebay search you can get copies all day long for about $4.00. Why don't you buy a stack and stand outside Cavalcade of Comics and sell them to $10.00 all day long?

EDIT: I guess that would be crass to the longtime LCS. So don't do that.  So sell them door to door in Florida or outside the Pill Mills or Methadone Clinics. You get my point, tho, right?

Edited by NoMan

39 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I don't know much about TWD, but if I understand my ebay search you can get copies all day long for about $4.00. Why don't you buy a stack and stand outside Cavalcade of Comics and sell them to $10.00 all day long?

EDIT: I guess that would be crass to the longtime LCS. So don't do that.  So sell them door to door in Florida or outside the Pill Mills or Methadone Clinics. You get my point, tho, right?

Those are second prints. The first print is not $4.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Really?They somehow managed to fill thousands of orders over seven years and the first time they mess up you go on a rant about their customer service? I doubt they will miss you.

Pretty big coincidence that they happened to "mess up" on a book now going for $40 on eBay

Edited by october

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

In the other instance that they failed to deliver-- did it happen with a book that was super hot or going for well above cover price?

Still a rude way to do business.

Always with Hot books and I just tolerated it over the years but for some reason this just pushed me over the edge when I have had it on order via previews well ahead of time

45 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I don't know much about TWD, but if I understand my ebay search you can get copies all day long for about $4.00. 

No one is selling 193 on eBay for four dollars. They've been going for at least fifteen since day before release, and over double that now.

I mean, you could cancel your subscription. I don't know whether your monthly pull box is worth the perceived $30-60. I would think a business like that would have the foresight of potentially ruining relationships with subscribed customers. Then again I've never ordered from them.

Edited by MadJimJaspers

I'll check the two comic shops here. One today. The other (the owner is my friend) on tuesday when they next open. If there's one there I'll pick it up to send to you if it's for your personal collection. 

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I'll check the two comic shops here. One today. The other (the owner is my friend) on tuesday when they next open. If there's one there I'll pick it up to send to you if it's for your personal collection. 

That is a very nice gesture but I don't think you will be able to find one at this point. People are selling them for $20-$40. 

Tracee,

Coliseum has been around for 37 years and thank you for being a customer for the past 7 of those.

As I told you in an e-mail, we can fix problems when they arise. We have some shortage replacements coming in on WD and those will go to regulars who missed out for one reason or another. At 3.99.

Every store has a known difficult customer. We still smile and do our best to make such folks happy. Sometimes it's a lost cause despite our efforts.

I'm sorry we disappointed you and I hope you find a store that can service your collecting needs in the future.

Be well,,

Phil Boyle
Coliseum of Comics

3 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

That is a very nice gesture but I don't think you will be able to find one at this point. People are selling them for $20-$40. 

yeah, all they had was issue 189 and a big hole where a bunch of comics go, so....    They did have a comic called Bionic Woman vs. Charlie's Angels. Do people really buy that s-?

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

...    They did have a comic called Bionic Woman vs. Charlie's Angels. Do people really buy that s-?

You find stuff like this in Humble Bundle digital comics offers.  

Dynamite comics imprint, I’m guessing?  Interesting enough in a dirt-cheap digital bundle, packaged with lots of much, much better material, but not as a physical copy at $4 in a comic shop.

Edited by Ken Aldred

A little harsh to paint all LCSs with a broad brush (regarding the topic title) because a particular one shafted you.

Yes, there are definitely more than 1 that have done this.

However, the 3 local shops I had/have pull lists from never did this to me (or anyone I know of who frequents there - granted that's a small list...).

16 hours ago, Phil Boyle said:

Tracee,

Coliseum has been around for 37 years and thank you for being a customer for the past 7 of those.

As I told you in an e-mail, we can fix problems when they arise. We have some shortage replacements coming in on WD and those will go to regulars who missed out for one reason or another. At 3.99.

Every store has a known difficult customer. We still smile and do our best to make such folks happy. Sometimes it's a lost cause despite our efforts.

I'm sorry we disappointed you and I hope you find a store that can service your collecting needs in the future.

Be well,,

Phil Boyle
Coliseum of Comics

to be perfectly fair, communication goes a long way. If you sent that email  explaining the situation and solution Tuesday night/Wed morning to all WD sub customers that would not be getting a copy that week, or at the very least placing a notice with that middle paragraph in the customers pullbox, you're all good and the OP should just be patient. I see no big deal here. Good LCS do that. ones who don't care or don't value each sub customer, don't bother.

If you only sent that email after the customer complained and this has been a recurring issue then I have to agree with the OP, as clearly the LCS isn't capable of or interested in proactively keeping up with their current sub capacity.

FYI: 2nd printing is no substitute for the 1st print so ensure you order and receive the 1st prints from diamond or you will have more annoyed customers.

I'm also betting that book will be back to $5 or less in 6 mo.

$1 if/when Kirkman decides/is pushed to revive the series.

Edited by justafan

18 hours ago, Phil Boyle said:

Tracee,

Be well,,

Phil Boyle
Coliseum of Comics

Phil,

If there was a shortage, I'm hoping no issues were sold on the shelf. Subscription orders should be filled first. I hope Coliseum of Comics, in the Central Florida area, did not put this book on shelves at a markup and leave their regular subscribers high and dry.

Awakeintheashes,
Long time listener, first time caller. I'll hang up and listen to your response.

Edited by awakeintheashes