• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice Please

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I was hoping for some help on where is the best place that you have found to consign big grade Silver Age comics.  Mostly ASM, XMEN, TOS, THOR ETC.

any suggestions and experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Bfairb said:

Hi!  Yes all slabbed.  Mostly CGC 9.6’s and 9.4’s.

Hope you are well!

The credenza in my office is a great consignor. :bigsmile:

1 hour ago, Bfairb said:

25 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:

Numbers and their grades would be helpful...

Unless they are the key first issues in these grades, I would go with either CC or CL.

Especially since the usual higher fees for Heritage would probably not be offset by higher prices (if any at all) for these more common books like SA Marvel books.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

My answer would depend on whether you're looking to liquidate the comics quickly, or whether you'd be willing to sell them on consignment through a dealer, which gives you more time to realize an asking price for each comic.  I've had good fortune selling complete runs of high grade Silver using both approaches.  If you don't need to sell everything immediately and all at once, I'd give Bob Storms a try.  You can choose your price for each comic and wait as long as you like for someone to pull the trigger.  If you want to get rid of everything quickly, I'd recommend ComicLink.

Edited by namisgr

15 hours ago, Bfairb said:

Hope you are well!

I would go with Comiclink, Brian.  The books in your FS thread look real nice.