• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Thread closes at 8p EST, tonight, July 9, and you are a very fine person
4 4

36 posts in this topic

How I accept payment
PayPal only. Payment is expected within 7 calendar days.

My referrals
Please see my forum kudos or ebay ID.

How I handle returns
I accept returns if you're dissatisfied for whatever reason. If the comics arrive damaged, I pay return shipping. If you just don't like them or have buyer's remorse, you pay return shipping.

How I package and ship
I take care to package your comics in the same manner that I want to receive them: well and with care. Typically, I use gemini mailers and a cardboard sandwich inside. Otherwise, I'll move up to USPS Priority boxes. One or two comics, I can ship First Class and save you some money. More than that, we need to use Priority Mail. I won't use Media Mail; please don't request it. Shipping is at cost: you provide an address, I weigh the package, you pay that price.

Who can buy
Boardies not in the Hall of Shame or Probation List can buy. There are a small number of people outside those lists who I wouldn't sell to, but they won't show up. They know who they are.

What's being listed
One or more LB Coles, maybe a scarce Heath, who knows. Enough to pay off my surprise ComicLink win!

Edited by DavidTheDavid

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I'll list more tomorrow. Got swept up in family time. :smile:

:martini:

:news: SOLD! Two-Fisted Tales #38, 6.0, $55

Spoiler

I took some outdoor photos because the scans didn't represent the white cover well imo. The colors are better than they appear there. I took these outside in the morning light just now, under an overcast sky. Shard mid-grade in my humble opinion. 

two-fisted-tales-38a.jpg

two-fisted-tales-38b.jpg

IMG_20190708_073409.jpg

IMG_20190708_073400.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

:news: SOLD! Weird Fantasy 21, 3.0, $110

Spoiler

Frazetta cover. You can see the crease on the top right front corner. Staples attached and secure. The worst offender though is the 2" tear on the back. See photo with Post It. And no, I did not put a Post It's adhesive side on the comic! That's the whole pad, backing included. Anyhow, that was a 1" tear when I bought this from Leroy Harper a few years ago. Then I mishandled it. Now it is a 2" tear. :tonofbricks: I've actually sold this here, and then bought it back here. Keep the boardie swap alive and add this low-grade, affordable Frazetta to your collection today! Mega! New! Old! Culling my collection! Focusing my collection! Dog needs surgery! Wait, I don't have a dog...

weird-fantasy-21a.jpg

weird-fantasy-21b.jpg

IMG_20190708_080354.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Weird Fantasy 21, 3.0, $110
Frazetta cover. You can see the crease on the top right front corner. Staples attached and secure. The worst offender though is the 2" tear on the back. See photo with Post It. And no, I did not put a Post It's adhesive side on the comic! That's the whole pad, backing included. Anyhow, that was a 1" tear when I bought this from Leroy Harper a few years ago. Then I mishandled it. Now it is a 2" tear. :tonofbricks: I've actually sold this here, and then bought it back here. Keep the boardie swap alive and add this low-grade, affordable Frazetta to your collection today! Mega! New! Old! Culling my collection! Focusing my collection! Dog needs surgery! Wait, I don't have a dog...

weird-fantasy-21a.jpg

weird-fantasy-21b.jpg

IMG_20190708_080354.jpg

Take (why can't I just not buy any comics for at least a week!? WHY?!?!)

Have you ever had someone ask you if you were obsessive-compulsive and you said, "Nah, no way. I just like my comics."

Then did your Nurse Practitioner ask you the same question? Did you answer, "No, I would know, right?"

After that, did your therapist ask if you were obsessive-compulsive, and then you started thinking about things? If so, it's okay. We're here for each other. With our peculiar shipping habits, our cataloging, the perfectly cut lengths of painter's tape to seal the Gerber sleeves. :foryou: 

:news: SOLD! Two-Fisted Tales #30, 7.0?, $325

Spoiler

I'm not sure how to grade this. It came as a 7.5 from wwcomics. You can see this bottom outer corner was damaged, and there's a small tear on the back bottom spine, perpendicular to the spine. Notice the chip out on the back bottom spine-side corner. So a very nice front cover with great colors like you'd expect from a Gaines file copy, but not the 9.x price tag. I also took a photo of the spine dent that you can see.

two-fisted-tales-30a.jpg

two-fisted-tales-30b.jpg

two-fisted-tales-30c.jpg

IMG_20190708_071657.jpg

IMG_20190708_071649.jpg

IMG_20190708_071610.jpg

IMG_20190708_071603.jpg

IMG_20190708_071545.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid