• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When are the Grading Contests? Annually?

58 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

yep , tons of time and work involved for the grading contest

not just the time it's keeping everything straight and juggling hundreds of PMs for one thing.

12 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Hey guys. :hi:

I would love to do a grading contest this year, but I do need some help from someone who is good at making spreadsheets and inputting data.  Actually, even I could do that, but I need someone who is brilliant enough to handle the formulas and what not.  If there are any volunteers, please PM me.  I will only need one.

Yes, it's a lot of work, but on the bright side, this will be my final grading contest.  I'm not around here much anymore, and while I love doing it and love the enjoyment that the community seems to get from playing, it's becoming harder and harder to find the time.  See, even this one slipped to Sept/Oct.

If I don't get any offers to help, I'll still do this final contest. (thumbsu 

Can I get a "Yay! :acclaim: " ? 

When I ran them in the past I used a simply spreadsheet in excel.  All I had to do was input the grades that each board member and that was subtracted from the actual grade and put into an absolute value format. All of the absolute value grades were then added up in another column to show how many total points away they were from the actual grades.  The guy with the lowest amount of points was the closest to the actual grades and they won. 

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

When I ran them in the past I used a simply spreadsheet in excel.  All I had to do was input the grades that each board member and that was subtracted from the actual grade and put into an absolute value format. All of the absolute value grades were then added up in another column to show how many total points away they were from the actual grades.  The guy with the lowest amount of points was the closest to the actual grades and they won. 

Thanks.  I'll get it figured out. (thumbsu 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

IF only now we could get someone to volunteer the formula's!!! :wishluck: 

tenor.gif @Buzzetta If you think you could do it or even have the time? 

Don't worry about it. It's about time I put on my big boy pants. :taptaptap: 

3 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Thanks.  I'll get it figured out. (thumbsu 

Apparently when I respond on these boards from my phone I type in broken english.  (I just read what I wrote lol)  I tried looking for it the other day on my computer actually and could not find it.  Eventually I will have to make a new one. 

Edited by Buzzetta

41 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Don't worry about it. It's about time I put on my big boy pants. :taptaptap: 

Just re-made it.  If you want, PM me with an email address or an apple messenger ID and I will send it over. 

Edited by Buzzetta