• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When are the Grading Contests? Annually?

58 posts in this topic

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

Kav can grade these with his eyes closed... just by feel ..

Image result for woodgod cgc

All Woodgods are 10.0

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

to the prize fund i will donate a 100 grand ..

Image result for 100 grand candy bar

I'll donate a Toyoda

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=green+eggs+grading+contest+2018&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS849US849&oq=green+eggs+grading+contest+2018&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There was one last year in June, I tried pm'ing that host @thirdgreenham back in June, but :shy: didn't know if there had been something happen to prevent them?

Andy's grading contest is a blast and one of, if not the very best thing on the boards !! but i have noticed that even with all the hard work he and Sackeo puts into it, a member or two had the audacity to complain about some minor issues (like anything that big is going to be perfect)... it wouldn't surprise me if they have had enough

5 minutes ago, Bkd Reader said:

Welp, it's the end of August, guess that's a no on the grading contest. I was really looking forward to it. :sorry:

I PM'D him a month ago, he thought that he'd try, but has been busy

I ran one once many moons ago.  The problem was most of my books are in a certain mold.  Between 6.0 - 8.5 GA and early SA books.  You need to have a good cross section of books to have a good contest.  And then of course you need to put in the many hours to actually run it. 

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Is there a third grading contest?  I know there is one around march madness and one for the Holidays but was there a third? 

I believe it was called @thirdgreenham "green eggs grading contest"