• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ed Lahmann collection?
2 2

22 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Very likely, and I’d wager that’s the same book in the photograph 48 years after the photo was taken.

Yep - that is what I thought as well when I googled him and found this information.  

5 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Very likely, and I’d wager that’s the same book in the photograph 48 years after the photo was taken.

Really hard to be sure with the grainy photo, but it does look like the lower right corner might have a chip out like the copy I have.  Amazing find, thank you for tracking it down!

53 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

I could probably go on through the whole list but you get the idea.  Collecting Harvey, Ace and Centaur was a little more difficult but I have a few.  Some of my favorites are the anthology titles that are on the list like King, Ace, Popular and Famous Funnies.  Thanks again Ed.

That is really cool and thanks for sharing, BB.

Scans are from Comic Plus by the way and Ed's article was featured in AE 5.  A picture of Ed with your comic was in AE 6.  Thanks to Ron Foss for making these issues.  Typing without a delete button was so much tougher back in the sixties.

13 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

Scans are from Comic Plus by the way and Ed's article was featured in AE 5.  A picture of Ed with your comic was in AE 6.  Thanks to Ron Foss for making these issues.  Typing without a delete button was so much tougher back in the sixties.

Wow.  I wonder how the book worked its way to me, it's clearly got more history behind it than most books.

46 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Wow.  I wonder how the book worked its way to me, it's clearly got more history behind it than most books.

Giving your collection to your children can have several results.  They could pass it on, sell it by item, sell the whole lot or put it in the dust bin.

There was also a little bio that Ed wrote.

Ed Lahmann.jpg