• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm Approaching 5,000 Posts and Would Like...
1 1

82 posts in this topic

Just now, TwoPiece said:

Yes. I've accumulated a lot of "warning points". The going rate seems to be anywhere from 2-14 days per point.

lol 

Can't we all just get along?

Wow you might be @ 7500 points if not for warnings!! 

Your request doesn't make much sense. But I can be generous.  When Detective 5000 comes out and if we're both still walking this earth, I'll buy you 5,000 copies of it.

7 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

@NoMan I would appreciate your input.

Fine, but understand you're asking for my input:

1. Variants are stupid. Liking them makes you look dumb, like when you turn a can of whip Cream upside down at a party and inhale it. 

2. Alex Ross is a seriously crappy artist. If I want to look at a photograph-like drawing than I'll just look at a photograph-photograph, say perhaps the works of Gary Winogrand or Stephen Shore (but not his recent celebrity stuff for Vanity Fair but his stuff from the 70s)  Also study Ed Rushe's Twenty Six Gasoline Stations.

3. 5000 posts on a comic book board in two years is seriously indicative of not getting out of the house and doing something. While I can appreciate not liking people, you still have to get out of the house. Speaking of photography and leaving the house, grab a camera (Leica M6, 28MM lens so you really gotta get close) and travel to "the other side of the tracks" in your town and start taking pictures of people and report back.

You're welcome.

Edited by NoMan

7 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Detective Comics #1000 Alex Ross Variant A CGC SS 10 Gem Mint.

To celebrate my 2 years here.

Plz and thank you.

:acclaim:

There are a couple members who for your 5000th post will give you 100,000 grand🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣😳

36 minutes ago, icefires said:

The threads that make the "Popular Now" area show just how much things have deteriorated on this message board over the years.

I remember when I joined in 2006 (you’ve  been around before me @icefires (thumbsu) there was no way anyone could make a thread like this 😆 

Or even get to 5000 posts in a couple of years, unless you were a big time collector well known in the hobby. There was no just commenting in topics, unless you were well educated in your posts, and/or responses. I really like the patience, and tolerance of the boards nowadays...However the old guard was brutal. I got tore up just for commenting “Awesome book, never seen that before 😃” was a CGC 9.8 DC cover, and I only collect Marvel... Got my butt tore up for not recognizing the book beforehand. :flamed:—Welcome to the boards for me, hence the still lower post count after 13 years...lesson learned Old Guard, lesson learned 😆

5 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I remember when I joined in 2006 (you’ve  been around before me @icefires (thumbsu) there was no way anyone could make a thread like this 😆 

Or even get to 5000 posts in a couple of years, unless you were a big time collector well known in the hobby. There was no just commenting in topics, unless you were well educated in your posts, and/or responses. I really like the patience, and tolerance of the boards nowadays...However the old guard was brutal. I got tore up just for commenting “Awesome book, never seen that before 😃” was a CGC 9.8 DC cover, and I only collect Marvel... Got my butt tore up for not recognizing the book beforehand. :flamed:—Welcome to the boards for me, hence the still lower post count after 13 years...lesson learned Old Guard, lesson learned 😆

I'm not sure that Draconian style of message board is good for any hobby.  And I often see posts in various hobby forums talking about the decline in content quality.  To that I would say:

1)  Some of that is inevitable as the learning curve for a newbie will go down significantly as time passes and so even with threads that may contain great content, it's a "been there, done that" scenario which leads to less satisfaction.

2) For anyone who would complain about the content, and I'm referring to the previous poster, nothing is stopping one from posting whatever they'd like so instead of pointing out what may be wrong, perhaps one should post what they deem to be quality content with the hope that it engenders quality responses and maybe even other quality threads.

The easiest thing for a human being to do is complain.  I know because I am the Champion at it.

25 minutes ago, FSF said:

I'm not sure that Draconian style of message board is good for any hobby.  And I often see posts in various hobby forums talking about the decline in content quality.  To that I would say:

1)  Some of that is inevitable as the learning curve for a newbie will go down significantly as time passes and so even with threads that may contain great content, it's a "been there, done that" scenario which leads to less satisfaction.

2) For anyone who would complain about the content, and I'm referring to the previous poster, nothing is stopping one from posting whatever they'd like so instead of pointing out what may be wrong, perhaps one should post what they deem to be quality content with the hope that it engenders quality responses and maybe even other quality threads.

The easiest thing for a human being to do is complain.  I know because I am the Champion at it.

If your referring to me @FSF (not sure :foryou:

I’m not complaining, I do understand that topics come back up, not against that at all 🙂.

Just a different time, and believe me the patience on the boards is much better than it was in mid 2000’s which is a Great thing. People are able to learn more, and have more fun now, then back then. Tolerance is a good thing 👍 

As far as being afraid to post- No, just basically reserved, as many people here have more knowledge than myself on most subjects. So I save my 2c for where it may be appreciated. 

:tink:

Edited by nepatkm