• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm Approaching 5,000 Posts and Would Like...
1 1

82 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Nor would Kermit fans!

I think Kermit and his fans are to busy sipping tea specially that Lipton kind

Just now, TwoPiece said:

0ec1b2d5f3e91a3bc7eea5b57f6186cb--tea-me

See this always drinking that damn tea... 

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

Nope, my Kermit is hanging out with Jim Henson on an Apple Think Different Banner. :whee:

image.png.61ccbeff4ee98bb9a42843b684eb2966.png

I think he has a cup of tea in his right hand just behind Jim head lol Zoom in 

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The board is as intolerant as it have ever been. What has changed is not the how, but the what. Things tolerated 10-15 years ago are absolutely forbidden now, and things not tolerated then are celebrated now.

Is it better? Worse? I guess it depends on what one will tolerate...

I understand what you are saying @RockMyAmadeus, definitely true. 

The Tolerance I was referring to is a newer members ability to ask a simple question that may have come up a couple of years ago, and not be tore up for asking. Also the restraint that older board members have nowadays to let newer members join in conversations that they have little or no knowledge what it is they’re commenting on. The ability to pick and choose bigger battles, and gloss over comments that would over a decade ago receive some brutal honesty, and torching :flamed:— That’s The tolerance I’m talking about. (thumbsu

There was much to be learned, and sitting back and getting educated without chiming in ( unless you really, extensively knew what it was you were posting about) was highly recommended.

I do miss the old debates though -fun to read in real time, and very educational..

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::devil:xD

6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Oh, man, I would only have like, 7 warning points under those rules instead of seemingly hundreds!

No offense, you probably wouldn’t have even consider entering the ring at that time. (thumbsu:foryou:

It was facts or you were boardkill, no funny business. :sorry:

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol when I joined in late 2016, that definitely seemed the case ha. It was hard to study at school when there was always some contention. 

I think a lot of those feelings carried over even though they nip it in the bud now ... :foryou:

Lot of good people here (including you) ^^ 

I like the frivolity now, but sometimes has the same consequence unfortunately 

@ADAMANTIUM

-2016 doesn’t even come close to the debates had here in the earlier- late 2000’s, not even close... However the knowledge learned then just observing was Incredible!!! :foryou:

Yes—the ability to upload pictures straight to the sight was a huge plus. (thumbsu^^

Edited by nepatkm

9 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

@ADAMANTIUM-2016 doesn’t even come close to the debates had here in the earlier- late 2000’s, not even close... However the knowledge learned then just observing was Incredible!!! :foryou:

i lurked for about 6 months to a year, i can only imagine :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

The Tolerance I was referring to is a newer members ability to ask a simple question that may have come up a couple of years ago, and not be tore up for asking. Also the restraint that older board members have nowadays to let newer members join in conversations that they have little or no knowledge what it is they’re commenting on. The ability to pick and choose bigger battles, and gloss over comments that would over a decade ago receive some brutal honesty, and torching :flamed:— That’s The tolerance I’m talking about. (thumbsu

I understood what you were saying here. I see it...and some others see it...completely differently. I respect and appreciate the "brutal honesty"...it makes people stop and think about what they post, rather than just posting whatever silly nonsense may be dancing across their minds at the moment. And I know you'll acknowledge that there certainly have been thousands of times where someone took something (I'm certainly guilty of it) the wrong way, and not as intended, regardless of how or why.

For better or for worse, the way (I think) you see the boards and want them to be "won." I think it has led to a sterile, bland, uninteresting, artificially restrained, "form over substance", "this is not how adults interact properly" place, but others see it as improvement. 

Had a great conversation the other day with a 2003 member...another one who has decided it's no longer worth his time coming to the boards, by the way...about this whole thing, and talked about things openly and honestly...in a way that is not allowed here anymore. It's the difference between a cocktail party of high society people who want everything to be pleasant and entirely surface-level, who shun and eject anyone who upsets the (very thin) veneer of respectability and social correctness...

...and an Italian family reunion, where everybody has a chance to hash things out without fear of being denied the opportunity to say what's really on their minds, as painful and angry as it may be...with the realization that opening and cleaning out wounds hurts like hell, but allows them to heal, while covering them up and pretending they don't exist just lets them fester and grow, eventually poisoning the entire body.

If I may "mix" metaphors, of course...given the choice, I choose the family reunion. What we have now is much closer to the high society cocktail party.

I'm not suggesting the place was Nirvana a decade ago. It was not. Your comments here are completely valid. And you've been here as long as just about anyone. But, going from one extreme to the other doesn't change anything...it just changes the group of people who find the conditions tolerable. There's middle ground here...somewhere.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

32 minutes ago, nepatkm said:
6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Oh, man, I would only have like, 7 warning points under those rules instead of seemingly hundreds!

No offense, you probably wouldn’t have even consider entering the ring at that time. (thumbsu:foryou:

It was facts or you were boardkill, no funny business. 

That's board veteran-ist...

:D

Sorry @TwoPiece, going off your topic here. Another collector I know that wants some Free books  :bigsmile:

My daughter...loves comics.

0 posts, has over 200 in her own collection-10 slabbed... life is good. :banana:

(And pretty good at grading to boot, loves reading the boards with me.)

—Oh to be that age again...:x

... Anyway, sorry for the interruption, back to getting Twopiece his Rom #1  (thumbsu

:tink:

05592FEA-9F6A-44FE-A124-0860B6CF182C.jpeg

24 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I understood what you were saying here. I see it...and some others see it...completely differently. I respect and appreciate the "brutal honesty"...it makes people stop and think about what they post, rather than just posting whatever silly nonsense may be dancing across their minds at the moment. And I know you'll acknowledge that there certainly have been thousands of times where someone took something (I'm certainly guilty of it) the wrong way, and not as intended, regardless of how or why.

For better or for worse, the way (I think) you see the boards and want them to be "won." I think it has led to a sterile, bland, uninteresting, artificially restrained, "form over substance", "this is not how adults interact properly" place, but others see it as improvement. 

Had a great conversation the other day with a 2003 member...another one who has decided it's no longer worth his time coming to the boards, by the way...about this whole thing, and talked about things openly and honestly...in a way that is not allowed here anymore. It's the difference between a cocktail party of high society people who want everything to be pleasant and entirely surface-level, who shun and eject anyone who upsets the (very thin) veneer of respectability and social correctness...

...and an Italian family reunion, where everybody has a chance to hash things out without fear of being denied the opportunity to say what's really on their minds, as painful and angry as it may be...with the realization that opening and cleaning out wounds hurts like hell, but allows them to heal, while covering them up and pretending they don't exist just lets them fester and grow, eventually poisoning the entire body.

If I may "mix" metaphors, of course...given the choice, I choose the family reunion. What we have now is much closer to the high society cocktail party.

I'm not suggesting the place was Nirvana a decade ago. It was not. Your comments here are completely valid. And you've been here as long as just about anyone. But, going from one extreme to the other doesn't change anything...it just changes the group of people who find the conditions tolerable. There's middle ground here...somewhere.

Truth @RockMyAmadeus :applause:

However I like opinions, and hearing them either new or old ( still knowledge to be gained, or at least some laughs (shrug))

We both know, as well as older board members do which threads to go to for amusement purposes. Definitely know where to still find educational discussions, there is room for both on the boards In my opinion. 

B.T.W - I wish I could put my thoughts into well phrased sentences, and comments as you do. I really lack in the brain to written process. :sorry:

3 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Truth @RockMyAmadeus :applause:

However I like opinions, and hearing them either new or old ( still knowledge to be gained, or at least some laughs (shrug))

We both know, as well as older board members do which threads to go to for amusement purposes. Definitely know where to still find educational discussions, there is room for both on the boards In my opinion. 

B.T.W - I wish I could put my thoughts into well phrased sentences, and comments as you do. I really lack in the brain to written process. :sorry:

less kissing more hissing! :baiting:

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

less kissing more hissing! :baiting:

Hiss if you want to @ADAMANTIUM, I know who not to mess with. He’d out debate me in a heartbeat 😆 

22 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Well your 2c is welcome on any post/thread of mine.  I don't admit to knowing everything.  That is why I am here.

I will say that I have learned quite a bit from @TwoPiece, like what not to do to get a strike. :roflmao:

Reveal hidden contents

:jokealert:

Thanks, you may regret this statement if I decide to drink, and post. :headbang:

I’m sure you’d join me in drinks though. 👍

1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

Thanks, you may regret this statement if I decide to drink, and post. :headbang:

I’m sure you’d join me in drinks though. 👍

Wish I could sir.  But meds prevent me from enjoying.  You have a second in my honor instead!