• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever had a comic creator purchase his/her book from you?
1 1

43 posts in this topic

In around 1979 Jeannette Kahn was trying to assemble all kneel atoms books as he had never kept any of them.   Word went out to all comic shops.   I donated my GL/GA collection and sold em at a negligible amount much to my current regret.

Edited by kav

5 hours ago, kav said:

In around 1979 Jeannette Kahn was trying to assemble all kneel atoms books as he had never kept any of them.   Word went out to all comic shops.   I donated my GL/GA collection and sold em at a negligible amount much to my current regret.

This just proves yet again that no good deed goes unpunished.

Around fifteen years ago a Senator (some gameboy game?) from me and had them shipped to his office.  I have the paperwork for it someplace since I believe he sent a check or a money order so I saved the envelope. 

20 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Around fifteen years ago a Senator (some gameboy game?) from me and had them shipped to his office.  I have the paperwork for it someplace since I believe he sent a check or a money order so I saved the envelope. 

I had the white house physician call me once when I worked at healthnet.  That was a trip.

25 minutes ago, FSF said:

:sorry:

I messaged kneel atoms about it once but he just ignored me.

Not comics 

But many moons ago at the east coast national I sold Reggie Jackson his rookie card. At the time he was buying them up for some reason. he would come to the table, smooze you then walk away and his man servant would try to chew you down because he was Reggie. No Go for me, gave him standard discount i would to anyone. 

he must have bougnt 20 or 30 at the show.

Many years ago at the Motor City Con Jim Shooter bought the big Marvel Try Out Book from us.....his stories about how people used it to get jobs at Marvel were classic....

Rob Liefeld bought a book off our back board last year's WW Chicago....

The guy who plays Constantine on TV (Matt Ryan) bought a Hellblazer comic from us at WW Columbus last year and at the same show John Barrowman from Torchwood & Arrow bought a small stack of books from us.

Sold stuff to many other professionals through the years like Steranko, Waid and so on.....

11 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

his stories about how people used it to get jobs at Marvel were classic....

I read one editor talking about how hard it was to break into comics after like 2000.  He said every time someone found a new way to break in they would seal up that break in the wall. lol 

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:00 PM, kav said:
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, FSF said:

:sorry:

I gave kneel atoms crabs once but he just ignored me.

Awesome! :banana: 

14 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I sold an issue of Tales of Suspense to Gene Colan many years ago before he passed.

Oh man...., he was my favorite by far! :sorry: 

15 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Awesome! :banana: 

HOW can someone ignore something like that!

On 7/8/2019 at 10:58 PM, dupont2005 said:

Vince Locke seemed impressed that I owned the scripts to the Deadworld movie but didn’t try to buy them

THAT'S pretty neat-that you have them and I guess talked to him about them?I wanted to get some of his Cannibal Corpse art,sketches from him a few years back when he found some,but one of those broke times.Happy to have the Deadworld portfolio for now.

12 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Many years ago at the Motor City Con Jim Shooter bought the big Marvel Try Out Book from us.....his stories about how people used it to get jobs at Marvel were classic....

Rob Liefeld bought a book off our back board last year's WW Chicago....

The guy who plays Constantine on TV (Matt Ryan) bought a Hellblazer comic from us at WW Columbus last year and at the same show John Barrowman from Torchwood & Arrow bought a small stack of books from us.

Sold stuff to many other professionals through the years like Steranko, Waid and so on.....

It really should be Rob Liefeld who bought the Marvel Try Outs from you