• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever had a comic creator purchase his/her book from you?
1 1

43 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Not the creator, but I did sell a Unity Box Set (Vol. 1-4) to Valiant's Director of International Publishing and Merchandising last year.

hm 

That's actually good to know... Perhaps they plan on revitalizing a version of that storyline minus Turok, Solar, and Magnus. 

I sold a Lovecraft hardcover (Vertigo, 2003) online to a guy who I'm pretty sure was Hans Rodionoff (the book's writer), based on his username and email address.  I thought it was odd at the time.  (shrug)

Paul Cornell has bought from me on ebay from time to time. I've comped Dan Slott some Spidey books in the past, but the coolest would be the late George A. Romero buying a stack of Empire of the Dead #1's from me at a con. I gave him a good deal in return for a couple of signed copies. He and his wife were very pleasant and great to deal with.

Edited by Whizzer

I sold a Bob Lefevre retailer incentive copy of Transformers Infiltration #6 to a guy by the same name on ebay a few years back.  I assume it was the same guy because it didn't strike me as a common name.  

tf6.jpg

Back when I used to collect baseball cards, I did a trade deal with a former GM of the Mets.

Also have given Sean Doolittle one of his own cards -- a camouflage variant, as he's supported veterans' causes.

...can't think of anything on the comics front.  :p  : )

Edited by exitmusicblue

On 1/4/2020 at 9:49 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Today

0B9F3B91-8997-45EE-8686-15FE93C46E4C.thumb.jpeg.70e37fc72b1664b6df5b5eb55f886f90.jpeg

Whoa, that address would be worth a lot more than whatever you sold him, I'm sure. Those Rick n Morty fans are friggin nuts.

I was thrilled when Wendy Pini purchased an Elfquest inspired  t-shirt I'd made to advertise my first shop, Quest End.

I was embarrassed when Richard Pini used the shirt as an example of how unprincipled people were costing them money by using his properties without compensation. 

8 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Please tell me you then sold the check on eBay for double the amount

Nah, just cashed it. I don't think Bob signed it, but I don't recall, I do remember the check had both his name and his wife's, so she may have signed it.