• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Update - found!!!! Complete OA for Groo 26 and 34 (help appreciated)
1 1

45 posts in this topic

A package containing the full original artwork, interiors and covers, for both books was sent to me May 1.   The tracking went cold May 2 and after going through the process of putting an international search request in, the post office notified me today that the package is officially lost or destroyed.

If anyone sees any art for either of these two books, please contact me.

Cash reward.

Edited by Bronty

That's horrible. I will be sure to keep an eye out for it if I see it online or elsewhere. 

Sorry man...that really stinks. 

Did you alter the delivery destination for the art at all? I did that for a page I bought, and the post office misinterpreted it as a “return to sender” rejection. You should ask the seller to also keep an eye out for the art coming back to him. I know the PO can sometimes lose track of stuff. I had a local post master helping me find my art, and even she had difficulty. 

I will keep an eye out for the art. But don’t wait on filing an insurance claim for it. Hopefully it was insured. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

For what it is worth, I have had packages that were officially “lost” according to the USPS, after long searches. One was missing for 3 or 4 months. The USPS sent me an official letter for each of them, apologizing, and listing various forms of recourse.

Each was ultimately was delivered, safe and intact.

In fact, I’ve had this happen 4 times in the last 3 years. So maybe, just maybe you will be surprised that some day when you’ve given up hope, it’ll just turn up.

9 minutes ago, ESeffinga said:

For what it is worth, I have had packages that were officially “lost” according to the USPS, after long searches. One was missing for 3 or 4 months. The USPS sent me an official letter for each of them, apologizing, and listing various forms of recourse.

In fact, I’ve had this happen 4 times in the last 3 years. So maybe, just maybe you will be surprised that some day when you’ve given up hope, it’ll just turn up.

thanks.   I can only hope I guess.    I spent a couple months trying to line up the deal, a couple months waiting for it to be shipped, and now a couple months waiting for USPS.    Its been frustrating.

5 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Something like this has happened to me as well..  with the art showing up out of the blue. Crossing my fingers for you.

Congrats on the happy ending.   Gotta love the USPS.  Reminds me of a story back in the 1980s when I was completing my EC run of books.  Tracked down a copy of Tales of Terror Annual 1 and the guy shipped it to me using "ME" as the abbreviation of Massachusetts instead of "MA".   Package was lost for TWO years.   It did eventually get delivered to me in a very weathered package.    Unreal.