• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst superhero movie of the current era?
1 1

147 posts in this topic

Just now, Chicago Boy said:

IH with Eric bana was horrible.   But I guess I don’t count it as part of the current era. 

That one was just 'Hulk' in 2003. Not sure what the OP considers "current era". I was considering 21st century.

As far as the absolute worst, I haven't even seen Green Lantern, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, or several other movies that might make these rankings. The Fantastic Four movies are uniformly awful, which is too bad. Man of Steel succeeded in making me HATE SUPERMAN, which is a pretty mean feat, so that may take the cake.

7 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Reason?

You can't just object to the court without reasoning!

Objection: I don't actually want another man's testicles on my head, or on any part of me, ever, at all! Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Just now, forbiddenwon said:

either this thread is fully of youngins that know nothing about truly terrible superhero movies from the past

Masters of the Universe

or we are sticking to the more recent?

Green Lanturn

Exodia!!!!!

:cry:

Not sure what the OP's definition of "Current Era" is, but I'm suggesting 21st century-only.

2008's Green Lantern is a fair choice.

3 minutes ago, csaag said:

Sci-Fi channel put out a Man-Thing TV movie which was horrid.

This actually had a box office release in certain countries that someone must not have loved.

Man-Thing had originally been scheduled for release date on August 27, 2004. The US release date was set for Halloween (October 31) 2004,[5] but when Marvel Enterprises released its second quarter financial report, Man-Thing was included in the 2005 line-up with a release date to be decided. Reportedly, the film was so bad that the test audience walked out before it was finished. So, Marvel put it back on video in the United States, since it would not be bankable in a domestic release. The film was released internationally in places like Russia and the United Arab Emirates. Man-Thing was released on April 30, 2005, as a "Sci-Fi Original" on the Sci-Fi Channel.

The film premiered in Singapore on April 21, 2005.

Budget: $30 million

Box office: $1.1 million

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Man of Steel succeeded in making me HATE SUPERMAN, which is a pretty mean feat, so that may take the cake.

And this is why a thread like this one will only bring a disastrous end: the lack of reality to the conversation. :baiting:

Edited by Bosco685

Both the Ghost Rider movies (makes you sad when it's one your top three characters and not only do they put those movies out but then try to replace him with some crappy knock off name Robbie Reyes)

Justice League

Suicide Squad

Batman v. Superman

12 minutes ago, csaag said:

Sci-Fi channel put out a Man-Thing TV movie which was horrid.

Holy (bleep), this reminded my that they also put out a Thor movie starring Zachery Ty Bryan (Tim Allen's oldest kid on Home Improvement).  I didn't make it through 5 minutes of it, now I want to see the entire movie (so should you @TwoPiece).

Lots of turds to pick from.   The FF movie was pretty bad (I never watched the sequel or the reboot).  I didn't like the first Thor very much, or Ragnarok (although that was better on the 2nd watch), although both better than the FF. 

Suicide Squad was awful.  I'd probably pick that one as my least favorite. Just a total mess.  

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Holy (bleep), this reminded my that they also put out a Thor movie starring Zachery Ty Bryan (Tim Allen's oldest kid on Home Improvement).  I didn't make it through 5 minutes of it, now I want to see the entire movie (so should you @TwoPiece).

Lionsgate released a series of Marvel Animation productions right before Iron Man (2008) came out, including the Iron Man animated movie beforehand. They are actually not bad (Thor, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Avengers, Young Avengers).

Are you talking about that Thor movie?

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Lionsgate released a series of Marvel Animation productions right before Iron Man (2008) came out, including the Iron Man animated movie beforehand. They are actually not bad (Thor, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Avengers, Young Avengers).

Are you talking about that Thor movie?

Negative, the ZTB movie was live action -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1260572/