• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherry Poptart - Help identifying 1st/2nd/etc.. printing

14 posts in this topic

Howdy

Got a run of Cherry 1-11, but have no idea how to identify the individual printings.   Is the #1 a 2nd print?  3rd?  4th?(shrug)

None of these books note later printings in the indicia.

I believe the #2 is a 3rd print, but other than that.....I'm clueless.

Any help would be much appreciated :foryou:

epO4zgw.jpg?2

D47F1sy.jpg?1

Ltt0oig.jpg?1

c2eI6K2.jpg?1

gWzJE3G.jpg?1

iziyqgf.jpg?1

1ORu5Zj.jpg?1

Z6qzePh.jpg?1

Fw3L874.jpg?1

9pG3kQ2.jpg?1

kKKkRTv.jpg?1

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

9 minutes ago, deadleg said:

Issue 1 is 2nd print cause of the $2:50 price tag. Issue 2 is 3rd print going by the notes listed on MCS.  

What's MCS?

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

What's MCS?

Mycomicshop.com 

Easiest ways to tell are usually by the printer in the top left corner or the cover price(with the early issues at least). 

5 minutes ago, deadleg said:

Mycomicshop.com 

Easiest ways to tell are usually by the printer in the top left corner or the cover price(with the early issues at least). 

Just looking over the issues MCS has listed.  Is it safe to say that 3-10 above are 1st prints?  And with #11, I see that the first print doesn't include the glasses.  Were the glasses attached to the book on later printings?

6 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Just looking over the issues MCS has listed.  Is it safe to say that 3-10 above are 1st prints?  And with #11, I see that the first print doesn't include the glasses.  Were the glasses attached to the book on later printings?

Looks like it but hard to say for sure. 

Pretty sure none of the printings for 11 ever cam with 3-D glasses. Here's a recent thread where it was discussed. 

6 minutes ago, deadleg said:

Looks like it but hard to say for sure. 

Pretty sure none of the printings for 11 ever cam with 3-D glasses. Here's a recent thread where it was discussed. 

Interesting.  My #11 has those scratch and sniff banana glasses in the back of the baghm

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Got a run of Cherry 1-11, but have no idea how to identify the individual printings.

I believe I might also have a small short run of the early issues in grade for this book here.

Any idea if they are worth anything or not even worth wasting my time trying to think of where I might have stored them?  hm  :wishluck:

I imagine all of them must be quite common, including even the first prints. 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I believe I might also have a small short run of the early issues in grade for this book here.

Any idea if they are worth anything or not even worth wasting my time trying to think of where I might have stored them?  hm  :wishluck:

I imagine all of them must be quite common, including even the first prints. 

Fogel's lists print runs; looks like each issue had between 6-11 printings, but the first print runs for 1 and 2 were 10K each, 3&4 at 20K, 5 at 10K, 6&7 at 20K, 8 at 30K, 9 at 40K, 10 and 11 at 30K. Most subsequent runs look like 5, 8 or 10K. 

Also, I can't find where I read it (maybe it was an old eBay listing?) but I could have sworn I once read that the Veronica Lodge parody "Vampironica" only appears in the first print of #1.

15 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Interesting.  My #11 has those scratch and sniff banana glasses in the back of the baghm

So did mine, but I bought it as a back issue so I wasn't sure if they originally came with them or not.

I bought and sold a large lot of Cherry books earlier this year. There was a good thread here on the boards that helped with identifying the issues, as has been pointed out, mostly by the cover prices and ads. I'm having a hard time finding it now, I feel like it was a Copper forum thread, but may have been bronze. As for selling, early first prints sell strongly, later lower print issues sell well, mid-run issues were a little tougher to move, I ended up selling them in lots. Part of me wishes I'd kept them, I dig Welz' art.