• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

George Perez canceled his Terrificon appearance.
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Retired due to his health issues.

From Wiki - Pérez is married to Carol Flynn. He has no children. He has a brother, David, and a niece and nephew.He is diabetic, and has undergone surgery for diabetic retinopathy. In May 2017, Pérez was admitted to a hospital with chest pains and was diagnosed as having had a heart attack while travelling to New Jersey for a convention. He was subsequently released from the hospital after having a coronary stent fitted.

His letters to his loyal fans: https://www.comicsbeat.com/george-perez-retirement/

11 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Retired due to his health issues.

From Wiki - Pérez is married to Carol Flynn. He has no children. He has a brother, David, and a niece and nephew.He is diabetic, and has undergone surgery for diabetic retinopathy. In May 2017, Pérez was admitted to a hospital with chest pains and was diagnosed as having had a heart attack while travelling to New Jersey for a convention. He was subsequently released from the hospital after having a coronary stent fitted.

His letters to his loyal fans: https://www.comicsbeat.com/george-perez-retirement/

Wow Michael, thanks for sharing this, I feel a lot older than I did 2 minutes ago. He is not that much older than me. But back in the 80's when I was a Teen Titans addict and everyone was an X-men addict his work was sublime and in thought he was in his 40's or 50's....you know ..an old man. 

10 minutes ago, Casablanca said:

Wow Michael, thanks for sharing this, I feel a lot older than I did 2 minutes ago. He is not that much older than me. But back in the 80's when I was a Teen Titans addict and everyone was an X-men addict his work was sublime and in thought he was in his 40's or 50's....you know ..an old man. 

Yep, in a meantime, he was in his prime time when I was in my teenage years. The years have passed by. I could imagine him that he was a hard working person in those years. My hat off to him and his happy retirement.  I have only ten more years away from the retirement era. Yikes!

Sad, selfishly I was really looking forward to meeting Mr. Perez and having him sign some books for me.

The real question is, will he still be appearing at FetishCon in Florida which he was booked for the day after Terrificon! Hmmmmm

image.png.3d2847f94bdd0080ce8dbdd797294027.png

Still, I wish him the best and hope one day he can back to the northeast.

12 hours ago, Azazel301 said:

Sad, selfishly I was really looking forward to meeting Mr. Perez and having him sign some books for me.

The real question is, will he still be appearing at FetishCon in Florida which he was booked for the day after Terrificon! Hmmmmm

image.png.3d2847f94bdd0080ce8dbdd797294027.png

Still, I wish him the best and hope one day he can back to the northeast.

Fetish and Dragon Con are two of his favorites. He might not be at a table much but I bet he's there.