• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how is this sandman 4 an 8.5?

13 posts in this topic

need to see the rest of the book to grade it.

That said I own a Planet Comics 6 that looks like a 9.4 but it has a 1/2" spine split at the bottom and it is in a cgc 6.5 holder. Based on that, I say your book is at best a vg, 4.0

That is unusual wear and most likely was a single event that caused it instead of wear over time. Almost looks like the edge of the book was crushed (maybe when sealing the inner well), but we cannot be sure. That would explain why it was originally given an 8.5 grade. What do the graders notes say?

I think CGC had a video where if its under 15 spine stresses it would be in the typical Fine range. I think its near the end of the Video 1:50 time but there is a lot of spine stress there maybe damage occurred after grading 

I was thinking the book would be in the 7.0 range then if those spine stresses were accounted for and no other defects.